Happy Cinco De Mayo: Pizza, Starbucks and Margaritas!

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

Or as I like to call it "Happy Margarita Day!"...Skinny Margarita of course!

Well I am here at the beach and it is lovely and foggy...and a little chilly.  But, you know my motto: a yucky day at the beach is still better than a day anywhere else!

I worked half a day yesterday and got all messed up.  I was feeling a little better from my Sinus migraine, but it then morphed into a stuffy head.  So in all fairness, I was not in my right mind.  I did not take a lunch bag to work because I needed to head home to pack my car before getting on the road.  I could just eat then.  So I had my multigrain cheerios for breakfast and then made a peanut butter/banana sandwich when I got home.  I packed as quickly as I could and got on the road.

It was not long before it became apparent that I needed to get some medicine. So I stopped in Dover and picked up some Sinus medicine and a nasal spray *never used one before*.  While I was there I grabbed a protein bar.  I was hungry, but I didn't want to spoil my dinner.

So there I am sitting in my car in the parking lot looking like a druggie squirting this tube up my nose with a pack of tissues in my hand ready to collect any ewwiness. Um...not a fan, but it cleared me up immediately. Breathing is such a wonderful thing!  Then I took my 24 hr medicine (I know better than to take it so early in the day, but I was not thinking clearly.

I got back on the road and was going to ride through Rehoboth for the scenic route...new car (I call her Phoebe) needed to see the ocean. Plus, the salt water is good for breathing.  And I needed to pick up a new 13.1 sticker for the new car.  *Sadly, they only had tie-dyed stickers...um...no thank you.  I will hit another running store next weekend*

So now what does that ride do?  Well it takes me through the resort and outlet area.  I am assaulted with billboards and restaurants everywhere.  My favorite thing at the beach is Grotto's Pizza.  It is greasy goodness.  That is all I saw.  My mouth started to water and I could not think of anything else.

We had plans for dinner, but Ms. Cheryl had to work late so the plans changed. "I think we'll just order pizza"...Um OKAY.  Seriously, you don't have to tell me twice.  However, it was 5 o'clock and we would not be eating for another two hours.  Quickly I hit the fridge and found stuff for a sandwich.  I made a bologna and cheese on wheat with mustard.  Not my best option, but it's one of my favorites.

Two hours turned into 3 hours.  Dad picked up the pizza at 7 and that's all I could smell for the hour before everyone got here.  OMG!  I sat on the couch reading and just picturing myself devouring the whole thing.  This was not going to be pretty.

Luckily when it was time to eat we had salad too.  YEAH!  With Lettuce from Ms. Cheryl's garden.  There was some joking about whether it was safe to eat, but I will contest that it was good.

I managed to eat just two slices and then settle down for the Sixers game. *GO BOYS!*  By now my medicine was kicking in in high gear. I was getting way drowsy.

So I called it a night pretty early.  Of course I could not fall asleep so I pulled out the laptop and put on the episode of The Middle that I missed earlier this week.  Oh I was laughing.  The youngest boy was about to embark on the most dreaded week of the year: The Presidential Physical Fitness week.  Oh how I remembered those weeks...and how much I dreaded them.   

The pull ups...gah I can't even do them now!
The shuttle run...who came up with that?
The endurance walk...well I'm all on board with that now
The Curl up...ugh
The Sit Reach is new...I don't remember that from when I did it, but it was in my fitness assessment...safe to say I would have failed it back then.

Well he wanted out of it so bad that he tried calling the President himself to get excused.  LOL. 

Shortly after I fell into a sinus medicine coma. I did not set my alarm and just figured I would hit the fitness center when I woke up.  Um...when I did wake up my hair was stuck in the drool by my mouth.  It's going to be a long day.

It took me an hour to pull myself together and head over.  But, I did it.  Now I usually hit the treadmill there, but I thought I would hit the elliptical.  So I got on and then I realized that it was not an elliptical at all, but rather a mix between an elliptical and a stairmaster. Um..okay.  I stayed on for 15 since I didn't know how my legs would react and then I hit the weights for 30 minutes.  I finished with 15 on the treadmill and gazed at the uncovered pool before me...ahh...sure the water was green and extremely uninviting, but who cares...good things to come people!

Okay, so it is Happy Hour week at Starbucks and every day from 3-5 the frappacinos are half price for the next week. So you know I'm going!  I got there around 2:40...dang it, doesn't start until 3.  BAH.  I decided to walk over to Subway to pick up some gift cards and on my way I saw the samples...mocha cookie crumble fraps...don't mind if I do.  OH HEAVEN IN MY MOUTH!  Hurry up and get here 3 o'clock!!!!

Not wanting to be That Girl, I sat on the bench outside for a little longer and then headed in at approximately 3:03. haha.  Well worth the wait.  The former fat girl was in heaven.  The New Fit Girl was a little pissed that I indulged after the pizza fiasco, but it's birthday month.  She'll get over it!

Okay, it's time to find me a margarita...

****Please note****
  

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts