Taken down by a cereal box top...DOH

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

As you all know, Tuesdays are boot camp day.  They are also rainy days. BAH!  It was pouring today.  Early on I got the message that it was my call.  Did I want to postpone or move it inside. We decided that we get more people when it's held outside.  And while I do enjoy the leg up on points for the fitness competition, I also want to make sure enough people come to class to keep this program up.  So I texted cutie instructor to ask if we could postpone and add another week on at the end.  He was cool with that.

So now that meant that I was going to the gym after work.  My eye has been giving me problems because of the massive amounts of pollen in the air (I washed my car on sunday and within 3 hours you could write the Constitution with your finger on top of my car).  So I have been wearing my glasses for a bit.  The prescription is a few prescriptions ago so I can't see distances well. If any of my GC's were going to be there I probably wouldn't see them.  What a waste:-(

Once boot camp got postponed I had to revise my workout schedule.  The plan was to walk at lunch and then run at the gym.  But, I remembered that I needed to go pick up some presents for some upcoming events.  So walking at lunch was out.  I decided to just walk at the gym because I sweat so much my glasses would probably fog up.  There was no traffic and I got there fairly early. Hmm..Maybe I could put in 90 minutes on the treadmill...Oh crap, I still needed to get food for dinner and lunch.  I got off after 60 and went to the grocery store in the same parking lot.

After my shower when I got home I remembered that I had thrown out a box that may have had a "box top" for education on it.  I cut them out and divide them between Ms. Barb and my mom.  I was still wrapped in my towel when I picked it out and started to cut the top out.  And then came the scream.  I cut my finger.  I don't mean: "paper cut" my finger.  I mean: "probably should have gone to the ER cut" my finger.  It's right below the bend on my left hand pointer finger.

*I should probably clarify that the cut was from the scissors actually in the cutting motion on my finger...a nice little v-slice out of my finger*

So there I am walking around my apartment in a towel bleeding like crazy and all I'm thinking is "Crap, I am not going to be able to do weights for a week."  What?  Seriously?  That's the first thing I thought of? I am proud that that is what I was concerned about.  That's a far cry from the old me.

I am going to be in pain for a little while.  This is going to hinder my workouts.  I can still hit the treadmill and elliptical, but weights and push ups are going to be a problem.  And I'm pissed.  I was going to do weights and push ups tomorrow night after church.  BAH!

I will not let this get to me though.  The former fat girl would have used this as an excuse to skip the gym.  Shoot, let's face it, she would have used a paper cut as an excuse.   Not anymore.  It's not an option!  No skipping, just modifying.

I'm going to cut this short tonight. Quite frankly, typing hurts.


****Please note****
  

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts