Happy Birthday To Me!

Happy Thursday Bleeps!

I hadn't planned on taking yesterday off, but birthday drinks were offered, and well it's a sucky number so of course I said "Heck Yeah!"

The day started off with a challenge.  You may remember that I eat cereal at work every morning.  Well I buy the milk out of the vending machine.  I buy two bottles a week.  That means that on Wednesdays I use some from each bottle.  So I casually stroll in and there are only chocolate milk bottles in there....um...yeah, part of me wanted to do it. Shoot, it's my birthday!  And maybe if I had the peanut butter cheerios I would have had chocolate milk with it :-)  But, what was I to do?  I had so little milk.  Luckily Ms. Barb had some.  SAVED!

After my cereal I got on the exercise ball.  I had been off of it for a few days. But, I can always see a difference when I sit in the regular chair for a few days.  Workin my core at work!  It's awesome.

For birthday lunch we were heading to Bahama Breeze.  It's one of my favorites.  Starving!  Boot camp was the day before and I burned some mega calories.  So I wanted to order one of the small appetizers.  Ms. Barb is a picky one.  I wanted either the hummus and veggies or the chips and salsa (it's a small portion).  She wouldn't eat either so the smart thing to do was to order veggies and hummus.  I was not going to be having a margarita (it was lunch time after all) so I chose the salsa and chips.  It was good.

My lunch was the pulled pork bbq sliders combo.  There were two sliders and a house salad.  The salad was a great size ad it was delicious: Spring mix, tomatoes, cucumbers, pine nuts, and a delicious dressing.  Two sliders was perfect!  Just enough to enjoy the taste and not enough to feel guilty.

And well since it's my birthday we went for some virgin pina coladas too!

I was happy with lunch and then I stopped at Subway on my way to choir practice.  Time to get a  foot-long (half for dinner and half for lunch) oven roasted chicken on wheat with spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, and honey mustard.  I wanted to make it a meal and immediately thought "Get the two cookies!  Go on!  It's your birthday!".  And then I remembered the pina colada.  I'm good.  I got some sun chips.

After Choir gym buddy Lisa asked if she could buy me a birthday drink.  Oh twist my arm!  We picked up another choir-ite and off we went.

Hmm...what should I have?  I settled on an appletini.  I haven't had one in a while.  For personal reasons I don't really drink a lot of vodka any more.  So you can imagine that I was feeling pretty good pretty early on.

Lisa needed something to eat so she ordered some grilled shrimp.  As I am allergic to seafood I had to pass.  But, food needed to be eaten.  Bah.  Look at any appetizers list at any bar and tell me what you can eat?  Nothing.  Everything is greasy and fried.  It's another reason why I don't drink that much any more.  Good food choices never happen when alcohol is involved.

So we ordered chicken tenders...and a platter of nachos.  I would have been happy with the tenders, but my belly was very happy with the nachos.  And I don't know about you, but if that nacho chip isn't covered in melted cheese than I don't want anything to do with it!  I hunted and pecked and took a couple of those...okay, maybe more than a couple.

I had a lovely night out and it was very nice to celebrate the big 3-9.  You need to know that I took 29 way harder than I took 30 so this was a tough mental one for me. A real tough one.  I almost wore all black as is my usual tradition.  But, I am a new person so I wore colors :-)  Bring on 40! Well not yet, give me at least a year to ease into that one.

****Please note****
  

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts