Thursday Randomness: Pizza, Smutty books, and Golden Girls

Hello Beautiful Ones!

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying some beautiful weather.  We are experiencing some craziness.  A little rain.  A little heat.  A little cold.  So you know I'm happy about this...NOT.  I woke up at 2am with everything from the neck on up just plain hurting.  I got out my heating pad to put on my face (it really does work for some relief of a sinus headache).  After a few minutes the storm broke and it started to pour. I immediately felt relief.  So you can imagine how great my day has been.  I have opted to stay off of the exercise ball today for fear of falling.

As I write this my head feels like someone has put it in a vice grip and is just squeezing away.  I had to put some sunglasses on a little while ago.  Cutting down the light helps a little.  And as much as I just want to curl up and squeeze my eyes shut, all I am thinking is: I have to get to the gym tonight.  This better get better soon!

What?  Who am I?  But, I had a "day of rest" yesterday, and tomorrow is a travel day so I am not sure about the gym.  I can't have 3 in a row!  Besides, and you know where this is going, it should be a gym crush night!

Earlier today I was asking Ms. Barb what her plans were for lunch.  She needed to go get something.  I brought a sandwich, but it could easily become my dinner.  Me: So what are you in the mood for?  Her: Mini-Pizza!  Me:  I hate you!  Let's go!

So here's the confession: I asked if we were eating there or bringing it back. She needed to bring it back.  I didn't want people to see me eat that, so I somehow talked myself out of it and got a salad instead.  Seriously?  What's wrong with me?  I would have easily eaten it in front of strangers, but I didn't want to have people who know me see me eat something greasy.  Argh.  Although, I would like to think that the thought of the treadmill with that in my belly was enough to talk me out of it.  Who knows though.

Okay, so let's go back a couple of days, Boot Camp was postponed due to weather.  The ground was soaked and even though it had stopped raining the ground would not be dry and the humidity would have been horrible.  So they cancelled it and added one more class to the end of the month.  Thank goodness.

I was sad.  That would mean I would not see cute instructor.  But, I would probably see a gym crush.  So I hauled it to the gym after work and hit the treadmill.  Now my knees were still sore from the weekend, but I'm a doofus so i started running.  Within five seconds I regretted it. My "good" knee felt like it was going to explode. BAH.  I pushed it for 15 minutes and then opted to walk the rest of the time.  Sadly, there was no sighting of Gym Crush 1 or 2, but 3 did make a late appearance.  Although ever since I had to up the weights after him I'm kind of losing it.  lol. 

In the end, I'm glad we did not have Boot Camp.  My knees are still not happy.  I would not be walking after class.  So I shall rest them until Tuesday.  I will have to focus on walking and weights.

So let me share a funny little embarrassing moment from Tuesday.  I love to read.  I could read all day if you let me.  So when I can combine walking and reading it's awesome.  *A little torn though.  Walking and reading is better for you than sitting and reading, but you still need to walk fast to make a difference*  If I have a good book then it's easy for me to cut back on the running and just read.  The book I was reading on Tuesday caught me off guard.  I was not expecting a smutty little chapter. OH MY!  I didn't know what to do.  I know that no one was reading over my shoulder, but my cheeks got red(der) and I was a little flushed.  Good thing I could use walking as an excuse.  There was a cute boy on the treadmill next to me and he kept looking over and smiling.  I was so embarrassed and thought for sure he knew what I was reading.  I know he didn't, but dang if I didn't feel a kid caught with my hand in the cookie jar. lol.  Luckily it was a short chapter.

So yesterday was my "Day of Rest" and my body knew it.  I felt so heavy with exhaustion all day.  And last night I just collapsed onto the bed in exhaustion.  I was no good to anyone last night.

It was even more than a day of rest.  We had a very big potential client in the office yesterday.  Just as I was finishing my lunch we got an email that there was left over food available.  I was was fine to stay at my desk, but Ms. Barb asked me to go with her.  She heard that there were mini soft pretzels.  Dang it!  Okay, let's go. 

There were a few mini pretzels there and a big giant piece of cake.  I took a mini pretzel and resisted the cake.  I walked further down the table and found a platter of green beans.  Jackpot!  I piled them on my plate.  I was very excited.  I did not get to eat them immediately and when I went to do so my plate was soaked through. Um...what the heck did they cook my beans in?  I had a few bites, but it was greasy as all heck.  They were either soaked in oil or butter. BAH!  Perfectly good vegetables were ruined! 

Now I know what you're thinking.  Cause I was that girl that would load up my veggies with cheese and butter. When you don't eat them regularly that's the only way you can eat them.  Well, if you give yourself some time, you can actually train your body to like them.  Every now and then I will put a little skim mozzarella on veggies, but for the most part they are eaten plain or sauteed with olive oil and seasoning.

I've been having a problem with not eating enough and then I'm super hungry the next morning. So I have been occasionally adding brown rice into the mix.  I don't want to do this all of the time (I would like to stay regular...thank you very much), but it's good.  I'm not hungry when I wake up. 

Okay, before I go, I want to tell you about a silly little Golden Girls episode that was on last night.  Oh don't act like you don't watch them!  It was a clips episode.  It started with Sophia saying that she's losing weight so she was eating pasta for breakfast.  She has dropped from 99lbs to 98lbs. 

Blanche: I haven't been 99 lbs since college.
Dorothy: Where did you go?  University of Jupiter?

te he...Oh it was a good one. 

****Please note****
  

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts