A day at the Ballpark with my Daddy



Happy Thursday Bleeps!

Sorry I missed a post yesterday.  A friend had to put her cat down this week so she had an impromptu wine and cheese gathering last night.  I will give her a big shout out for putting the tray of veggies in front of me :-)

I have a lot to tell you, but I can't keep putting off how Sunday's Phillies game adventure with Daddy went.  So I will tell you everything else tomorrow...although if you follow me on Facebook you know :-) (http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir)

Okay, so let's get down to business. To start the day I had spent the night at Grandmom's after the Wedding reception.  Grandmom, mom, and I got up and went to church.  After I had about an hour to grab something to eat, change, and load my car.  But, we still had to have breakfast.

The first place I saw was Dunkin Donuts.  Now, normally I would say NO WAY, but I wanted something that would stick in my belly.  A bagel would be good.  It would fill me up and it would not give me an upset belly sitting there baking in the sun all day.

I was so excited.  Do I have an everything bagel with reduced fat plain cream cheese or a plain bagel with a reduced fat veggie cream cheese?  I opted for the plain with veggie.  Of course what I received was a plain with plain. BAH!  Foiled!  But, no time to waste.  Eat and then go.

Originally the plan was to leave early and go to lunch before the game.  It's smart.  Less likely to buy crappy food in the stadium.  But, I did not get there early enough.  It's okay though.  I had that bagel and I really wasn't that hungry.

I love that my dad asked if I would mind parking further away from the stadium.  Mind?  I encourage it!  I was not getting to the gym and I would be sitting for most of the afternoon.  Shoot, park a mile away.  I'm cool with it!

When we walked in we decided to get something quick to eat and drink then head to the seats.  I cannot go to a ballgame without getting a hot dog.  It's simply un-american!  Just give me a dog and mustard and I'm a happy happy girl.  I also got my giant souvenir cup with diet coke to go with it.  I know, I should have had water, but I just cannot, I repeat CANNOT pay $4.50 for a bottle of water.  I would drink it when I get home.  Besides, the cup had Hunter Pence on it and I just simply heart him.

Our seats were awesome.  We were 22 rows right behind home plate. I could practically see Mr. Pence's pearly whites...

They were also out in the sun. It was hot and I was a sweaty mess. Had I been drinking water this would have been better, but I was not.  DOH!  After 5 innings I had to get up and go.  I was on a mission.  I had spotted someone with soft serve ice cream.  I was practically in the outfield by the time that I found it, but I enjoyed walking so it was okay. 

So let's talk about the seats.  As I said, they were fantastic.  I got some really awesome pictures of a certain Mr. Cliff Lee pitching (it wasn't the outcome I would have liked, but behind Hamels he is my favorite pitcher).  Anyway, the seats themselves....I was fine in them!  I had room!

I worked for the Phillies for 3 years back in the day.  I cannot tell you the number of games I went to.  But, sitting was always uncomfortable.  I could never relax because I was concentrating on not infringing on my neighbor's space.  My elbows would be squashed up against the arm rest and my legs pinching the side of the seats. I felt like I was a stuffed sausage.  It was not comfortable physically or mentally. Well not anymore!  I was comfy!  Well except for the sweat...ick.

I'm not going to lie.  I was very preoccupied during the whole game.  I would see some very large people having a hard time walking around and walking up the steps.  Physically it was hard for them, but they also had trays of fried food with them.  It pained me to see. I used to be that person.  Well I was never that large, but close.  It made me so sad.  I just wanted to reach out to them and help.

When the game was over we had to walk back to the car.  Love that walking!  And luckily Daddy had packed some water bottles and ice for the ride home. YEAH DADDY!  They may have lost, but it was still a good day. 

I knew Sunday was going to be my wild card of the weekend, but I am okay with my decisions.  One hot dog compared to a cheesesteak, pizza, or multiple hot dogs is good for me.  I did not have the soft pretzels or cotton candy.  I know I had the ice cream, but it was in a cup and it was a small.   The soda was not smart, but the cup is hot and I didn't finish it anyway.

It was a good good day :-)

****Please note****
  

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

  1. You're right- you have to have a hot dog at the ballpark!

    A few years back, we went to Atlanta to see the Red Sox play the Braves- it was sooooo hot that all I could eat were those frozen Minute Maid lemonades, and I was very disappointed that I didn't get to have a hot dog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts