Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Indoor Boot Camp = big giant sweaty mess

Happy Tuesday Bleeps!

So um...no Biggest Loser tonight.  I'm not sure what to do with myself.  haha.  Luckily I'm wiped out from Boot Camp so it's a rest night.  Sixers come on in an hour so I'm just killing time.

How was your day?  Mine was full of pollen.  As I was driving into work I saw the yellow parking lot with tire tracks all over...this was scary since we did have a little rain the other day.  Where did it all come from?  Tonight was boot camp and I had a mini heart attack.  This I would end up in the hospital unable to breathe.  Oh and ps- they were mowing the lawn this morning too.  Just call 911 now.

It was not even 10 minutes into the day when my eye started to freak out.  I was having problems at the office with it yesterday.  I went out and got the emergency glasses in the car.  Since they are old they mess with my balance so the Exercise ball was out.  Oh well.

A little after lunch I was still hungry so Ms. Barb and I were heading over to the vending machines to grab some pretzels.  On our way we saw the extra salad and sandwiches on the counter in the kitchen area.  Let's go investigate!  The salad looked awesome and there was a pasta salad too.  So I filled my plate 3/4's of the way with the real salad and then put a couple spoonfuls of the pasta salad on there.  The pasta salad had asparagus and sun dried-tomatoes.  YUM!  What a pleasant surprise.

A few hours before boot camp I got the message that I was the point person for the night.  It looked like rain and it would be my call about moving it inside. Hmm...I would sweat like a pig inside, but I would die from pollen outside.  I asked the cutie instructor what his preference was. Well it started raining so the decision was made for us.  It then turned into a mad scramble to find a conference room.  Long story short, we would be having Boot Camp in the cafeteria area in the middle of the office. Oh this is gonna be fun.

Earlier in the day I had emailed my team to remind them about the exercise seminar that we have on Thursdays.  5pts each for attendance.  Then we discussed coming to boot camp.  We were all going to be there.  DUCKS IN THE HOUSE!  (Not sure if I mentioned that was our team name or not...assigned to us).

I was pretty impressed that we had 7 people in class tonight.  After warm ups we were divided into three groups for our stations.  It worked out nicely and we worked together to keep mats in two stations so that everyone could use them...it was the cafeteria floor after all.  The other station would be standing movements.

So we had our warm ups and my first station was push ups.  I got down on my mat and was grossed out.  My knees were already sweaty and I was sliding all over it.  haha.  It's going to be a long long class. After each station we jogged in a circle around each station to the next.  And then after each rotation we jogged 3 laps.  It was funny because you always had the "core" group trying to get up off of the mat before the next group was jogging over them.  I can only imagine how we looked to everyone walking by.  And oh yeah, there were plenty of those.

So after two rotations and a hundred laps I was soo thirsty.  I was chugging water during the break.  Big mistake.

My next station was crunches and my belly was gurgling. I could feel water just sloshing around in there.  So yeah, pretty much the second half of the rotations involved me trying not to throw up.  Ugh.  I know better. I can't chug water and then run either.  Same thing happens.  Bah!

By the time class ended I was slick and glistening...and grossing myself out.  I should have stayed and moved the tables back, but I will do that in the morning.  All I could think of was to get outside to cool off and then get home for a shower....even though I sat in traffic for an hour...bah!

Well good night kids.  Sweet dreams.

Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):


yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

No comments:

Post a Comment