Using the Body God Gave Me

Hello Beautiful People,

 Tonight I went to a church discussion about Surviving Natural Disasters. The video shown was regarding the earthquake in Haiti a couple of years ago.  They even handed out pieces of rubble from Haiti.  I had a lump in my throat when I received mine.

I know I had a crappy week.  I also know that in the long run, my problems do not even rate on the scale compared to other people's.  I am very thankful for my relationship with God.  Besides the gym, the only thing that kept me from going postal (I mean going Fitting room mirror) this week was praying all day and night.

So do I take this rubble into work and put it on my desk or do I keep it on my nightstand as the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see before bed?

I started to draw a parallel between this and when I see people being lazy or wasteful with their bodies.  "I just don't feel like it."  "I'm too tired."  "I just can't do that".  "I'm too sore"  "I had a cold two weeks ago"  "I'm too busy."  There are people out there that don't have use of all of the bodies.  Heck I see people out there missing limbs who are kicking a$$ in marathons or at the gym.  I'm fairly certain they would like the opportunity you have.

When God has given you this body with all of these amazing abilities, it's just such a waste to not utilize it.  Put down the play station.  Turn off the TV.  Set your alarm and get out of bed.  Some people would do anything to have these abilities.  To squander it is just a shame.

I am ashamed of all of the years that I abused myself.  I truly am.  I know I've said it before, but man I cannot stress to you how much I regret all of those years that I cannot get back.  I was an active-fat for a while, but then I just became a lazy-fat.  I let my love of food and tv get in the way of living and loving life.

Lately I keep hearing the good old "Wow, you can really see your weight loss in your face."  Well you wanna know what I see in my face?  I see the aging in my neck.  I see the aging around the eyes.   This was all hidden with the fat.  Now that the fat is going away the wrinkles are starting.  I will NEVER have that tight young face and body.  I missed it.  I lost that window.  I will lose the weight and I will be happy with it, but I will never ever have the tight little 20 yr old body that I so wanted all of those years.  And before you say anything, God gave me this body and face.  Ain't no plastic surgery going on here.

So please, use your body the way it was meant to be used.   Before it's too late.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts