Getting sick on Easter is no fun :-(

Happy Easter! (I know, it's a few days late).

Easter is always such an important day.  It's one of my favorite days of the year.  Of course it celebrates a very important day, but it is also a fat girl's fun day.  Peeps.  Chocolate rabbits.  Robin's eggs. Cadbury eggs.  Honey baked ham....*insert mouth watering*

This year was a little different.  I survived the temptations at the store.  My mom brought up a couple peanut butter eggs and some reeces peanut butter eggs.  They were very small servings.  It was just enough to satisfy my cravings.  YEAH!

I was super excited to wear my new dress.  Oh I looked slammin!  I LOVE this dress. It's a medium y'all!

So after church we went to Panera for lunch.  Dinner was not until 6pm.  I was still hungry from the day before and I was not going to be having ham for dinner so I got the half ham sandwich and the french onion soup.  With an apple of course.

Then we packed up and headed off to my grandmom's. Our job was to help her pack for her trip to Jamaica.  Quick shout out to cousin Kim and soon to be cousin Brad!  LOVE YOU GUYS!  Welcome to the family Brad!  I really REALLY wish I could be there, but alas, the funds were not there.  One day this blog is going to make me some money and I will be going to Jamaica (Tony Stewart are you listening?  CALL ME!).

So I was upstairs ironing her clothes and I got hit.  All of a sudden I felt super dehydrated.  My lips were unbelievably dry and I was starting to get a headache. I came downstairs and sat on the couch.  I was done.  I could not focus.  I was lapping up water like a puppy.  I felt a little better.  Before we left I felt a little pressure below my eyes and thought "okay this is a sinus infection".  So I took sinus medicine. 

A little while later we drove over to my uncle's for Easter Dinner.  I wasn't feeling right on the drive and when we got there I just wanted to sit.  For dinner my aweome aunt made turkey, mashed potatoes, asparagus, and biscuits.  I had one plate and went back for a second plate.  I was still hungry.  But, I was full after that second plate.  Not uncomfortable full, but full.  And that's when I put my head down...right there on the dinner table.  My skin felt like it was burning up.  Just touching me made my skin crawl.  Soon they took my temperature and it was official.  I had a fever.

So I had a cup of tea (and a small slice of red velvet cake...I keep forgetting about that).  I sort of passed out on the couch and then went upstairs to bed.  I had to call out of work for Monday.  My fever broke overnight and I felt better in the morning, but I had no appetite.  I had some toast and more tea for the ride home.  By the time I got home I was foggy and the fever was back.  I climbed into bed and slept through a few dvds.  Let's just say that I was so out of it, that I didn't even realize that the Phillies had their home opener.  I missed it :-(

The fever came and went all day.  I drank so much water I think my eyes were floating.  This morning my fever was gone, but I wasn't taking any chances.  I worked from home.  I kept up the water and even had a bunch of veggies.  I was feeling better.  And then they mowed the lawn out back and my sneezing attacks started.  I sneezed for about 5 hours. 

Before that I had considered hitting the gym tonight.  I would be missing Bootcamp again.  DANG IT (I am now down 2 points and will need to bust my butt to make up for that).  And I have choir tomorrow.  I could go and walk a little.  But, more importantly, I could go for the massage chair.  Alas, the sneezing was too much.  I would be grossed out by someone sneezing all over the machines and I could not do that to anyone else.  Plus, I need my rest.  But, seriously?  Who am I?  Before being sick was a license to lay in bed and eat ice cream.  Now I'm trying to go to the gym on my death bed.  I love the new me!

So I skipped the gym and here I sit resting.  I am coming back to life and look forward to feeling a hundred percent again.  I will thank The Biggest Loser for being an hour to tonight. I don't think I would make it through the full two hours.

**************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts