I do dumb things for cute boys

Happy Friday Bleeps!

So yesterday Ms Barb and I were going out to lunch to chat, but another friend really needed to get out and vent so we spent the hour listening to her.  Today we got separated :-(  We moved desks around and she was moved to another pod.  She was gone for all of 30 minutes when we decided that we needed to go out to lunch (separation anxiety is a b*&*H...especially since Work Husband left).  I had brought mine, but it doesn't take much to talk me into going out.

"I want a burger, is that allowed?"  Um...no need to ask me twice.  We decided to go to the mall.  That way if the line for Five Guys was too long then we could go to Subway.  Hahaha...there is a reason why I try to avoid the food court on Fridays.  There were four busloads of students there.  The lines for both Subway and Five Guys were so dang long.

So we went over to the Cajun Grill for some bourbon chicken.  It was on special too.  BONUS!  Now the last time I got the chicken and two veggies.  This time I opted for the chicken, veggies, and rice.  I have felt like a bottomless pit lately and I needed something to stick in my belly.

I'm very proud of Barb for stepping outside of her box.  If you can't put ketchup on it, she usually doesn't eat it.  She loved it!  She cleared her whole plate too. :-)  It was a lot of food, and I was still hungry when we were done.  All I could think was that there are cookies around the corner.  Maybe I should get one.

I did not.  I walked away.  By the time we got back to the office I my brain had caught up to my belly.  I was full.  Thank goodness.

*Quick tip: drink a glass of water before you eat.  You'll get full faster*

Okay so fast forward to tonight and I was on my own for the gym.  Dinner was cancelled too.  So I ran a quick errand and got to the gym a little later than usual.  I didn't really have a plan except to take my book and walk on the treadmill.  My knees were a little sore from the squats last night.

I got on the treadmill and was reading happily.  Then I looked up.  Can it be?  Gym Crush #1...OH happy day.  Remember when I said that he makes growl?  Well it happened again.  I don't exactly see myself talking to him any time soon since I'm pretty sure it would go a little like this:

Me: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....
Him: what is wrong with you?
Me: *drool*
Him: Please don't talk to me again

So the minute I saw him I closed the book and upped the speed.  I can't be bothering myself with reading when there's Hotty McBody to be watchin!  Have I mentioned how much I love his shoulders?  Up the speed you ask?  Well duh, I need to run so that my boobs can catch his attention.  It worked.  We watched each other for 45 minutes.  :-)  As much as I would have liked to talk to him and watch him some more, I was quite happy to see him leave.  I had not planned on a run. My knees HURT. 

I was going to attempt to run the 5K tomorrow, but not anymore.  I shall be walking it.  I do dumb things for cute boys.  Once again the knees are up and iced.  Workout buddy Mike can't hit the weights tomorrow so I'm on my own in the morning.  Five bucks says that I talk myself into sleeping in.  I have the Twilight 5K tomorrow night, so I can afford to sleep in.  But, I need to keep hitting the weights.  I have a Fitness Competition to win!

****Please note****
  

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts