Coming back to life

I'm ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It feels sooooo good to be almost human again :-)  I was feeling better yesterday, but I was wiped out from work by the end of the day.  I had even gone to the mall at lunch with Barb.  It took a lot out of me though.

While we were there we had to pick up lunch for her.  I had brought a peanut butter and banana sandwich, but I now had my appetite back and I needed some calories to build my strength.  Well that and I really REALLY wanted a milkshake for my throat.  I missed my fudgsicles.  I ate 3 of them on Thursday and I didn't do any talking.  Yesterday I was answering the phone all morning and my throat was sore.  Nothing could stand between me and a strawberry milkshake at that point.  So I decided to get a grilled chicken sandwich too.

I ate my peanut  butter sandwich a little later in the afternoon.  I'm glad I did too, because I was sitting in some serious traffic.  It took me 90 minutes to make it to dinner...which was only 20 miles away.  I was late and missed them :-( 

I did make it over to Target to visit with the kids for a little bit.  I had a couple of things I needed to pick up, but I was having a hard time walking around.  I was getting foggy.  I grabbed my bananas and protein bars and it was time to go home.

I did not set my alarm for this morning.  I would get to the gym at some point, but sleep was key.  So when I woke up I got a shower and just kind of layed around.  I was feeling better, but I really haven't eaten all week and I was very plainly weak.  My body has not had the nutrition and fuel that it needs to move.  What should I do?  I don't want to overdue it and end up sick again.

I decided that I would go to the gym.  If I only lasted 10 minutes I would leave.  But, I could be okay.  I would play it by ear.

So I rolled in and got a treadmill.  I'm walking it today.  I have not been to the gym in a week (oh the horror).  Honestly, a slow walk was hard to adjust to early on.  I did eventually up the speed, but the light walk was a strain on my body.  My lungs were fine, but my body was tight. 

I stayed on for a full hour.  I was pretty impressed.  I was not ready for a run or even my fast walk, but I was encouraged by this.  I also washed my hands before and after.  And I practically spray washed the machine when I was done.

My reward for this hard work?  Two coins in the massage chair...ahhh.  My back was so sore from the coughing this week.  It was a nice feeling.

So I had to get home for some scheduled overtime.  But, I also needed to eat.  I ran to Wawa and got a turkey hoagie on whole wheat with Spinach, cucumber, and tomato.  Yum.  Good choice.

After overtime it was time to really reward myself.  I mentioned that I crave burgers when I start to feel better.  Well, I had made plans to meet a friend at Five Guys for a burger.  I get the little cheeseburger (one patty) with A-1.  And we split the fries (with vinegar).  Good stuff. 

Have a wonderful night Bleeps.  I'll be sitting here watching the race and patiently waiting for Tony Stewart to call me...It's gonna happen one day.  I know it!

****Please note****
  

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts