It was a Blessed Day

Happy Thursday Bleeps!

Well it's been a wild and wacky week.  Since I ran on Monday and Tuesday I had some pretty angry knees :-(  So last night was a light 15 minutes on the elliptical before we hit the weights.  The result: I was wiped out when I got home.  So I opted for a movie and knitting.  I stayed off of the laptop and could barely keep my eyes open.  Although, I was watching The Italian Job and I don't think sleep is an option when Marky Mark is in da house!

So today I had to go back into Philly to pick up my birth certificate.  First off, the good news is that I found a coupon for parking.  YEAH!  I saved $15.  Bonus.  I got there very early and decided to walk over to Independence Hall.  It was a beautiful day.  I should have put on the sneakers that were in my trunk, but I did not.  So I walked around in my flats.  I probably would have done laps around the park if I had my sneakers on.  But, alas it was "day of rest" day.

I was smart today.  I made sure to eat my lunch before I left work.  No need to be starving when I'm sitting around waiting.  That's really the worst time to be hungry.  It pretty much becomes all you can focus on.  So I ate my protein and drank my water.  No dehydration for me!

I got my birth certificate and ran next door to the DMV.  I was in and out in just over an hour.  Bonus!  I hate my new license picture.  DRAT!  Oh well, it can't be awesome all of the time. 

I was getting hungry when I left and all I could see were street vendors and Burger King.  This is why I keep a protein bar in my pocketbook at all times.  It held me until I got home.  The minute I walked in though I fired up the stove and made some whole wheat pasta, garden veggie sauce, and soy meatballs.  I always try to have wheat pasta on days that I'm extra hungry. 

I got to relax for a little while before heading out to church for Holy Thursday Service.  It was a lovely service.  And then I was asked to go shopping.  Who am I to say no?  Gym Buddy Lisa wanted to go looking for something to wear on Easter.  And might I add how excited I got when she said she wanted to look for an Easter Bonnet!  I always loved wearing hats on Easter :-)

So we were looking at clothes for her when I spotted some Hawaiian shirts and joked about wearing one of them for Easter.  I used to have so many Hawaiian shirts.  You may recall how much I love the beach.  Well I would do anything to have that feeling all of the time.  So I would have "blender" parties.  I would have parties where only drinks that were made in a blender were served.  Required attire: Hawaiian Shirts.  They are a Fattie's best friend.  They are fun and are good at hiding the bulge.  So here's the thing.  I did not fit in the ladies sizes.  So all of my Hawaiian shirts were from the Men's department. So depressing.

We were looking at pretty sweaters and found a lovely blue one for Lisa.  She liked a purple one, but she was associating the color with laffy taffy candy.  Never a good idea!  Luckily she stuck with the blue.  And then it was time to look at hats.  I LOVE the big floppy hat that she got and I can't wait to see her in it on Sunday.  It's not something she would have picked.  It just means that she's stepping out of her comfort zone.  It's so awesome when that starts to happen.  The world opens up for you.

I found a pretty awesome white hat that I fell in love with.  I would love it for Easter, but it will rock for the summer too.  Don't worry, I'm most certain I will take a picture this weekend.  It may make an appearance for my NYC trip too.

There was a peach with white polka dot pleated dress that I fell in love with.  I was convinced to try it on and it just did not look good on me.  The cut was not flattering.   That led to more dresses.  I liked a few.  But, just as we were leaving I found THE dress. It's a JLo dress.  A fun blue, green, purple, and white paisley kimono dress (go to the kohl's website).

So I took in a L and XL.  I tried on the L first and it was quite tight.  Um...let's go with the XL.  Wait, the L was really a Small on an XL hanger.  I put on the XL and it looked good.  I liked it immediately, but really thought I could go smaller.  So on our way out I looked to see if they did indeed have a L.  No dice, but there was a medium.  Dare I?  I dare!  Guess what size I left with.  MEDIUM.  Wow.  I'm still in shock over that. I may wear it Saturday AND Sunday...or not.  Haven't decided yet.  Either way, I can't wait. 

OH and PS...the new dress is color coordinated with the new car...total coincidence I swear! 



****Please note****


If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts