Random Wednesday: Keith Urban, Secret drinks, and Spandex

Happy Random Wednesday Yo!

Well yesterday I finally finished reading the book that I wanted to finish over the weekend. The main character ran her family's chocolate business and started a chocolate festival to save it...Um that was 400 pages of chocolate. It was awesome...awful...awesome!  I can't believe I didn't go running out to dive into a vat of chocolate.

*****

The other night I stopped for gas. There was a sign by the pump that if you buy 2 Nathan's Hot Dogs you get a free Dr. Pepper. The photo was very enticing, but I have a steadfast rule: Never buy food at a gas station. Besides, we all know it ain't gonna look like that picture. I will have to find a real Nathan's.

*****

Has anyone else seen the number of celebrities who say they don't workout? They are just naturally like that. Well that's nice. Perhaps it's true, but they aren't exactly muscular. they are just boney and skinny. EAT MORE.

*****

This weekend is Keith Urban! HOLLA!  Still haven't figured out what to wear.

*****

This morning was a Great one...on the scale. It's been almost 5 weeks since I cut out the treats. I am down 8.5 lbs. Now that's not to say that I was eating that many extra calories. The side benefit is that because I am cutting stuff out I am very aware of what I am eating. If it ain't "Fuel" I ain't eating it. In addition I have kicked up my workouts.

My plan during the holidays is generally to Maintain. Oh let's go crazy. I want to lose 6.5 more. I can do this!

*****

While I was in the grocery store on Sunday I saw a giant display of Andies Candies...I drooled right there in the aisle.

*****

So when I came back from my weekend in the mountains I realized as I was getting ready to change for the gym that I had left my dude deodorant in another bag.  My response: "Aw man, I'm going to smell like a chick tonight."

*****

The training for the Push Up challenge is back on. I took two weeks off and I could feel it last night. I got inspired by a dude at the gym. He was doing some pretty impressive push ups. During his down phase he shifted side to side. I could do that for a couple, but dude was doing it for like 3-5 minutes straight...I was in awe.

*****

So this Saturday morning, before the concert, I have an appointment to get my hair cut. It's time. I love the length that it is now, but I need it shaped. I'm still upset about the last cut. So this time I am going to be a big girl. I have made an appointment with someone I trust. She's good. I don't really want to spend that much money, but it has to be done.  I probably won't go to anyone else if I don't. Then in ten years I will have hair down to the floor that is all broken and nasty.

*****

There are two pairs of workout pants that I have that are similiar. One has a black band at the waist and one has a blue band. I believe one pair was a pair of capris for a normal size person, but looks like floods on me. When I bought them I had them lower on my hips. Now they go up higher and I look dorky. I can save them for yoga pants because they look fine with bare feet. But, I can never remember which one it is and I ALWAYS pick the wrong pair. DOH.  I have looked like a dork so many times lately.

*****
I love my skinny little fingers. The problem is that I don't have too many rings that fit now. And when I go to buy one they don't have a lot of cute ones in my size. So what inevitably happens is that I try one on that's a size bigger and it fits because of the little tag. Then I get it home and cut of the tag and BAM too big.

Friday night while Cousin Kim went to the boot section I went to try on rings. I found a cute size 6 that I liked. Too big. WHAT? Am I a 5 now???  I tried on a 5 and couldn't get it off. I think I'm a 5.5. And to think that I used to wear an 8. Wow. Tiny fingers!
*****

Since I was home this weekend I really REALLY wanted to use the crock pot. I wanted to make something nice and healthy and freeze it. That way I just have to heat it up when I get home. It has been a while since I made the chicken with turkey sausage jambalaya. O.M.G. I forgot how much I love it. TASTY!

It made 6 servings. I'm good for a little while. :-)
*****

Yesterday Ms. Liz sent me a link for "secret" drinks at Starbucks...oh my!  They looked delightful. She happened to be going there yesterday afternoon and asked what I would like. I told her any of the "secret" drinks.  She got me the Apple Cider Chai. Oh Hello!  It was yummy!  Instead of milk they used apple juice with the chai. What a delightful beverage on a cold day.

*****

It cracks me up that I walk around the gym wearing running leggings and semi tight shirts. Back in the day the Former Fat Girl was wearing oversized t-shirts and baggy pants.

Tonight I was amazed at how thin my legs looked.

*****

Saturday night after the football game we decided to order pizza. I try to avoid pizza as much as possible. It is outrageous in calories and I know me. I can't stop with one slice. But, occasionally it is allowed. And in this case I felt like we made a good decision. We ordered the White Pizza with Pesto chicken and vegetables. There were peppers, mushrooms, and spinach.

If you're going to indulge try to make it a good one. This doesn't count as my veggies for the day, but at least I got some in with it.

*****
Tonight I saw a headline on Yahoo: Worst snacks for weight loss. It had a picture of baby carrots. I eat baby carrots every day. I know they are high in sugar and they don't fill you up, but they are beneficial.

I read the article and they suggest eating them with hummus because otherwise you will still be hungry. Well duh. Reword that please. They aren't bad for you.

*****

So it's been stressful. It's been busy. I find it interesting that I think I had more time when I was studying. The Move back to NC has been pushed back. It's a good thing though. I have a financial incentive to stay through March. It is hard to say no to that. Although I really really really want to move now. I can wait though.

Do you know what this means?  I am definitely signing up with Run for Autism again for the DC race. I haven't asked people for donations in months and I miss that. haha.
run for autism

*****

Today's Tip: If you are cold, snuggling under a blanket is nice, but get up and walk around. It increases circulation and warms you up.

Have a Blessed Night

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts