Random Wednesday: Girl Scout Cookie Cupcakes, Thanksgiving, and Gym Love

Happy Random Wednesday

I always remember something the next day after I write posts when I am tired. I forgot something about this weekend. As I was getting on the road to come home on Sunday I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a hot chocolate (as it was soooo cold). I got a small Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. Oh holy heck it was fantastic!

Are you paying attention when I mention my drinks?  They are all small or tall.  Portion control.

*****
Ms. Tracey and I have been trying to walk at the mall at lunch at least twice a week.  I would like to do more, but our schedules are conflicting. So we'll be happy with what we get. The mall we go to has two separate buildings. We generally walk the one shaped like a lima bean. It's a nice loop.

On Monday we walked the other mall. It's not quite an easy loop, it's more like a "&". It's the busier of the malls, but we went to check out the Santa there. On the loop we found a cupcake store that had Girl Scout Cookie cupcakes. Are you serious????  And they had samples!  Kill me. Ms. Tracey had a sample as she is looking for cupcakes for her daughter's birthday. I was jealous..but I stayed strong.

*****
Last night's post was about eating greasy food. This morning was Breakfast club. We got breakfast sandwiches from Wawa. At first I didn't think I would do it. I was prepared to just have some cereal. Then I found a turkey sausage and egg white bagel. I checked the calories and it wasn't too bad. Tonight was distance night so I needed to power up. It was good and I didn't feel sick after. YEAH!

*****

There are two other things that I forgot about for the weekend post. Doh. First, my favorite quote of the weekend was when Cousin Hannah said that what we needed was to watch some more Golden Girls. My job here is done.

The second thing is that I was very aware while I was running that I need new sneakers PRONTO. I was going to wait until Black Friday at the outlets, but that may be on this Friday's list.

*****

Only 10 days until Keith Urban! HOLLA!!!!!  What am I going to wear?

*****

Today we had a Holiday Survival webinar at work. I took notes, but I really didn't have to. I could have written it. It's stuff that I have been saying for years :-)  I'll do another post on this later.

*****

So this Friday I am taking a half day at work. I am meeting Cousin Kim and baby Cassidy for lunch and then some Christmas shopping....and Santa!  We picked our place to go eat a little while ago...and you know I have been on the website every day trying to decide what to eat. I may have made up my mind by Friday.

We are going to Bahama Breeze...giving myself a preview of my Cruise next year.

*****

It's a good thing that I don't verbalize everything that goes through my mind. When I am on the weights machines at the gym and a guy with amazing arms walks by I always think in my head "Hello...I think I love you"...I feel so shallow. But, I'm a sucker for good arms.

*****

How has my sweets ban been? I'm doing real well actually. I have not caved. Even though a girl at work has been bringing in homemade cookies just about every day. I have not eaten any. The results: I have lost 5 lbs and my jeans are looser, even after they are freshly washed.

Usually my goal for the holidays is to maintain. Dare I be bold and say I want to lose 5 more during the holidays? 10 more?

*****

College hoops is back!  I'm a happy happy girl!

*****

Thanksgiving is coming up. Last month I put together the Wellness newsletter for work regarding it. When I told people what it included I was told that I was "Ruining Thanksgiving".  I simply gave the calorie count for single servings and how much you need to walk to burn it off. And then I pointed out that no one follows those servings. And what about leftovers?

No one loves Thanksgiving dinner more than I do, but there's a way to be smart about it. I'm working on a tips post.  Hopefully it'll be ready soon :-)

*****

Thoughts on the Biggest Loser controversy?  I'm not really sure what to say. I doubt this is the first time that this has happened. 

*****

I just do not get tired of hearing people tell me how good I look.  Keep it coming!

*****

Last night I was talking with a friend. I was coming home from the gym and she was contemplating going to the gym.  She asked me for motivation tips. I get asked this a lot, so I will try to end my posts with a new tip every day.

Today's Tip: Change into your workout clothes before you go to the gym. I find that it's harder to talk myself out of going to the gym if I've already made the commitment to change clothes.

Have a Blessed Night

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts