Random Wednesday: Halloween, Aaron Rodgers, and Tea

It's Random Wednesday...in NOVEMBER! How did that happen?

Strap yourselves in and put on a helmet because it's going to get mighty random today.

During lunch on Halloween Ms. Liz and I went to the mall specifically for a new tea. And what a new tea it is!  White chocolate peppermint. Now I love it in a mocha and I was not sure how it would taste in a tea. I wanted to taste it before I bought it. Luckily they had it out as a sample right next to the Pumpkin Spice Brulee. Ms. Liz and I each took a sample and I think we melted. It was quite possibly the greatest tea that I have ever had in my life. Not only did I buy it to make at home, but we also bought cups of it to drink right then and there. It is my Sweet treat without being bad for me. I win!

If you love me and aren't sure what to get me for Christmas, let me help you:

http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/rooibos-teas/p/white-chocolate-peppermint-rooibos-tea

*****

New plan to battle the Rush hour traffic in the construction zone on the way to the gym: I am now paying a dollar to take the turnpike to that exit. It is saving me 15-30 minutes a night and that's worth it's weight in gold...plus I don't want to hurt people any more.

*****

So not only did I get my amazing tea, AMAZING I tell you, I also went to Claire's looking for something for my hair to wear to the wedding. I found a headband...AND a black tutu with silver sparkles on sale!  I have to be the only person who bought a tutu on Halloween not for Halloween. Can't wait to wear it!

*****

I did it! I finally ordered an Aaron Rodgers shirt. I ordered it after lunch on Monday. Then during the first drive on Monday Night Football Aaron Rodgers broke his collarbone. It's all my fault. Please forgive me Aaron!

I also ordered a Syracuse Basketball shirt at the same time...I hope I didn't just kill their season.

It was hard to order the shirts online. You never know how the sports shirts will run. Will it be too small? too big? I ordered larges to be on the safe side. I would rather there be a little room rather than be sad that they are too small.

*****

As I was driving to Ms. Kristin and Mr. Ken's for Halloween night I noticed my tail light reflections behind me and noticed that once again my driver side tail light is out. They just replaced it in April. My car is only a year and a half old. I got really mad and upset. Something is obviously wrong. So that means that I can't just take it anywhere to replace it. I don't live near the dealer any more and my weekends are booked. I almost cried. And then I took a deep breath and made an appointment for this Saturday. I will go there before I head up to the mountains to see Cousins Keeley and Hannah.

Honestly, if a burnt out tail light is the worst thing that directly affects me right now, then I'm extremely lucky. I'll make it work.

*****

We are having a food drive at work. Shout out to Heather who gave me a bag of food to bring in.  I went to the grocery store and got several cans of soup (with veggies!) for it.

And while I was there I bought some squash soup for myself. I hope it's as good as Panera's...or at least close.

Oh and they had protein bars on sale. I filled my bag. I remember when I would stock up on cases of Diet coke when they went on sale. Now I'm stalking the protein bar aisle. My life has most definitely changed.

*****

Every year the Halloween tradition is that I go over to Ms. Kristin and Mr. Ken's for the night. It started when the kids were quite young. Ms. Kristin would take them Trick or Treating. Mr. Ken and I would dress up and give out candy.

One year we started ordering inside out pizzas for dinner and that tradition has stuck. The former Fat girl love love LOVED inside out pizzas. She would eat two with extra cheese. They are like kryptonite for me.

The ooey cheesey goodness is too much.  I had considered going to Subway instead, but this is a treat. Besides, I could do this smartly. I put in my order for one plain baked inside out.

It was delicious and it kept me from eating candy. I had my treat for the night.

*****

This past weekend I needed a relax day on Sunday, but I had things to do. I FINALLY went through all of my clothes. I had hoped to get rid of 2 garbage bags, but I was only able to manage 1. Although I did throw out some clothes so that has to count for something. I guess in the end it was more like 1.5 garbage bags.

And I finally let go of a sweatshirt that I had been holding on for too long. TOO long. It went in the garbage and is gone. There is no turning back. I finally tossed the XXL Syracuse Alumni sweatshirt that I should have tossed years and years ago. It was sooo big on me and it was dry rotting at the seams. But, it was like my security blanket. I couldn't let go.

I had two and the first one I made into a pillow years ago. I had hoped to make a matching set, but I wore this one too much.

Before I threw it out I took a picture of it and a picture of it with a sweatshirt that actually fits me. It swallowed the new sweatshirt.

*****

In yesterday's post I mentioned that on Halloween I was wishing everyone a Merry Chritmas. Well there was a good reason. A year ago we decided to dress up the house and yard too. Their costume was Christmas!  We put the lights up and gave out candy canes.

The idea came up because there is a house across the street that tries very hard to scare everyone and they do a very good job. I believe last year was scary clowns that chase you. We wanted to be a safe happy house and what's happier than Christmas decorations?

The parents thought it was cool. We sort of confused the kids, but we have now coined the phrase "Merry Halloween!".  We could have gone all out and dressed up as elves too, but that's the plan for next year.

We did have regular candy to give out, but here's another bonus: no temptation to eat candy canes all night.

*****

Big shout out to everyone who competed in the NYC Marathon this past weekend. Would love to be there one day.

Love that Pamela Anderson ran. Her pace is not that far off from mine...hmmm... I also love that she raised over $76K for haitian relief. Running for a cause makes everything better.

Also running in the marathon were Lisa and Pam from the Biggest Loser last season. That's right, 'Damn Girl!' ran a marathon. LOVE IT.

Side note: This weekend is the Savannah Rock'n'Roll race...it's on my bucket list for next year.

*****

The best part of Halloween is always dividing up the candy after. The kids know my favorites and I would walk away with kit kats, reeces peanut butter cups, and 100 Grands. This year I kept quiet. Every time they offered me some I declined.

By the end of the night though I had a very tiny pile: 2 bite sized individual pieces of dark chocolate kit kats (the size of my pinky and I have small hands) and a tiny bag of dark chocolate raisinets. I am saving them for after my next race.

I'm MIGHTY proud of myself for the night.

*****

This weekend when I am up visiting the girls we will be doing a 5K Turkey Trot on Sunday morning. I'm excited that our visits with each other include being active.  Of course there may also be a movie or shopping, but the fact that we are doing a run together is nice.

Plus, since Mr. Aaron Rodgers is hurt (again I am SOOOO sorry) there is no need to rush home to see him play at 1pm.  PLEASE let him be better for the Thanksgiving game. PLEASE! 

*****

I have been pretty good about my relationship with the boob tube this year. I have avoided new shows. And honestly I have not been obsessive about watching the shows I like on time except for The Biggest Loser. And then came Halloween night. I wasn't home and so I watched whatever they had on TV. We watched The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown....and then Grey's Anatomy. It's not completely new to me, but it's been many seasons since I watched faithfully...but I got sucked back in. And then came Scandal. I have never seen it before and in one episode I was hooked. Dang it.

It's a good thing it's Hoops time. If there is a good game on I will always choose that first.  Let's Go Sixers!

*****

So it's that time of year again...it's my guilty pleasure time. It's time for all of the sappy Hallmark Channel holiday movies...and I could not be more excited!  I watched 2 on Sunday and can't wait for this Sunday night's premiere.

*****
Time to update your playlist. Here is the Top 10 Workout songs that were sent to me this month:

The Top 10 Workout Songs For November 2013

Fort Wayne, IN – November 3, 2013 – This month's top 10 list pulls evenly from the worlds of rock and pop. On the former front, you've got bands like Bastille, Imagine Dragons, and NONONO. On the latter, you've got dancefloor divas like Lady GaGa, Rihanna, and Katy Perry. Somewhere in the middle there are cross-genre collaborations that pair DJs like Zedd and Steve Aoki with rockers like Linkin Park and Paramore's Hayley Williams.
Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Lady GaGa & R. Kelly - Do What U Want - 99 BPM
Rihanna - What Now (Firebeatz Remix) - 128 BPM
Bastille - Pompeii - 127 BPM
Pitbull & Kesha - Timber - 130 BPM
Katy Perry - Walking on Air - 128 BPM
NONONO - Pumpin Blood - 121 BPM
Zedd & Hayley Williams - Stay the Night - 128 BPM
Linkin Park & Steve Aoki - A Light That Never Comes - 116 BPM
John Newman - Love Me Again - 126 BPM
Imagine Dragons - Demons - 90 BPM


To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

*****
Hey Ms. Amy I have Good news!  Ms. Crystal is in for pottery!  WOO WOO! We're going to have so much fun.

Have a Blessed Night

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts