Life is too short to spend it on the toilet

Hello Beautiful People,

Alright kids, I mentioned yesterday that my belly was upset. Well it was upset for over two days. I have not felt good and it's made me miserable.  When I tell people that it's from the chicken cheesesteak the first response is "Do you think it wasn't cooked properly?"  No, that's not it.

The reality is that I really truly have cut out so much crap from my diet that greasy fried food does not sit well. This seems to be a hard concept for people to grasp.

I still eat well. My food is tasty, I just don't eat things that are fried or greasy. If I do, then I pay for it dearly. Seriously, do I have to remind people of the Reuben incident of last Summer or the egg mcmuffin and hash brown patty earlier this year? How crazy is it that I can remember that, but when food makes you feel sick you remember. And what do they have in common? Grease. I can't do it anymore.

First of all I no longer have a tolerance for it. And in this case building up a tolerance is not a good thing. It's only masking the problems. Second of all, I don't have a gall bladder. It was removed when I was 14. It never really bothered the Former Fat Girl, but the new fit girl cannot process greasy fried foods. It is not worth it.

If you knew that after you eat something you will feel sick to your stomach for 2 days would you still eat it? I now have a list of food that I am not willing to take a chance on. That 5-10 minutes of food is not worth the pain.

How in the heck do we build up this tolerance? I mean when we first start introducing this stuff into our systems it affects us. So why do we keep doing it?  Our bodies were not designed to process this stuff.

Last night I couldn't get through my workout. It had been 48 hours since I ate it and I was sick. I barely got a 15 minute run in. I was burping up bad stuff. I felt like I was going to throw up. So I cut the second half down to a walk and I still felt sick. I tried some abs, but that just made it worse. It was a light night. My Saturday night dinner was having consequences days later.

The Former Fat Girl ate this stuff every day. She just never ever paid attention to the consequences. She never put two and two together. Or she just lived in denial. It wasn't good for her weight. It wasn't good for her health. And it wasn't good for her every day happiness. But she didn't care. She liked how it tasted and that's all that mattered.

Well today I am well aware of the consequences and it's not going to happen again. I'm not willing to lose days because of it. And I'm too busy to spend time in the bathroom. I eat healthy. I eat regularly. My bathroom time is quick, painless, and regular. I am rarely surprised. I know it's not a sexy topic, but I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. I eat my fiber. I don't eat crappy food. There are no surprises. And I'm in and out. Time is precious. I never knew it could be like this.

*I am not including pee time. I may frequent the ladies room more often, but pees don't count.

I'm also aware of the consequences on my health. I am sure as heck not going to lose weight by eating that crap, no matter how much I exercise. Eating better fuels me for workouts. I can do more and burn more. It's a win win. No wonder the gym was so hard and intimidating way back when. If only I paid attention to what was going into my body. Oh well, lesson learned.

Have a Blessed Night.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts