Curve balls: injuries and storms

Hello Beautiful People,

Well once again tonight's post was planned to be about the weekend, but today's theme is adjusting to curveballs.

Ms. Liz is out of the office tomorrow (have fun in Denver....and make sure you COME BACK!) and it's a travel day. So I moved distance day up to today. I don't like to do them on Biggest Loser night because it's a lot of pressure to make it home in time, but it had to be done. Plus the Syracuse game was on at 7 tonight. BAH.

I figured that instead of a distance night I would make it a good run night with some ab work.  It was a good back up plan. But, as I was walking from my car I noticed that my knee was bothering me. Argh...now I remembered that I shouldn't have been on the elliptical for so long last night...because it makes my knee hurt....argh. Okay, no running. I will walk.

I could see my swollen knee through my leggings. *Side note, I LOVE looking at my legs in them. If I could wear them every day I would.*  My knee was sore for the first 30 minutes. After that it felt better and I considered running, but I decided I didn't want to risk injuring it. Besides, the book I had started reading was getting way interesting.

I walked for an hour and then I debated: abs, weights, push ups, shower, massage...what do I do? Well normally I would have stayed much longer, but the storm we are getting wasn't making me feel good. It would be different if I thought it would be better out if I waited a little longer. Unfortunately, it was only supposed to get worse and last until morning. Nice cold windy rain.

I opted for a massage. I needed it. And as I was laying there I realized just how important this rest is this week. If I am going to perform well at next weekend's race my rest time is just as important as my training time. Ahhh...I HEART rest time!  I will take all of the massages I can get. And the laying down part wasn't so bad either.

The rest coming over the Thanksgiving holiday is welcome, but I'm not sure how much sleeping in I will get. I have two races and planned Sunrise club days. That means I will be getting up and driving to the beach to watch the sun rise with my friend Brian. I will hate it when the alarm goes off, but the beauty of the sunrise will be worth it. I HAVE to make sure I get naps in or go to bed early.

I still stopped at Subway as planned. I think I threw everyone off because I came on a different day and I wasn't wearing my pajamas.  Now, when I usually stop at Subway during the week it's after a Distance night so that I don't have to worry about dinner or lunch. I get a footlong (either the oven roasted chicken or the turkey/ham) on wheat. I also treat myself to a small bag of doritos (my vice) and a root beer. I choose root beer because I don't want caffeine and I've burned off the calories so it's okay.  Plus I rarely drink more than a quarter of it.

Tonight I had to alter. My treadmill time wasn't that intense. And so I got the baked lays instead and I got a diet soda. I'm actually tired enough that the caffeine won't bother me. Falling asleep as I type right now.

So I made it home safely tonight and I'm getting my rest. I am working from home tomorrow so I can get my laundry done and I can pack right before I get on the road. More importantly, I can put up my Christmas tree during my lunch hour. HOLLA!  That will make me really happy. OH, remember the Sunflower field that brought me so much joy earlier?  Well the Gardens that had them have put up their Christmas lights at the entrance and I get to see that every night on my way home now. I heart Christmas time!

PS. Syracuse won so I have to stay up for the next game at 10 tomorrow night. :-)

Today's Tip: If you aren't burning the calories, don't consume them.

Have a Blessed Night

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts