Random Wednesday: Playlist, Sharks, and Gilmore Girls

Happy Random Wednesday Y'all!

Sigh...I miss the South...and it doesn't help that cousin Randy had been posting the most beautiful pictures from his trip to North Carolina and South Carolina on instagram...sigh...hopefully soon!

This past weekend we made the plan to go to Florida for Christmas again this year to see Dominic...and my brother and sister-in-law of course. I checked with Ms. Marisol and booked our night's stay with her in Charlotte...and this time I am DETERMINED to get my BBQ in Savannah!

*****

Okay I worked from home today. Breakfast day. DOH.  The good news is that the guy who brought breakfast today brought a lot of bagels. So he asked me what type I wanted and he wrapped it and put it on my desk for me for the morning. Yippee! 

*****

One of my favorite shows of all time is Gilmore Girls. I LOVE that show. It's the kind of show that you either love or hate. There is no in between. I love the dialogue. It's quick and funny. I have all of the seasons on dvd and I sometimes listen to them at work. It's a great choice because it is so dialogue driven there is no need to have to watch.

If you have never seen the show, it is about a mother and daughter who live in a small town in Connecticut. As much as I love this show there are a couple of things that drive me nuts. The first thing is that these ladies eat anything and everything. They don't cook and order out all of the time. The second thing that drives me nuts is that they are allergic to exercise. Of course they are skinny and appear to be fit.

Not reality people!  You don't treat yourself like that and look like that. Darn you television!

*****

So yesterday was painful. I was asked to take a photo of the winning team for the Wellness newsletter. Not only did I lose to Fitness Challenge Arch Nemesis Ryan and his team, but I had to take their picture too! That hurt. Argh. Thankfully the Six Pack Factory kept their shirts on for it. Only so much I can take.

*****

I've mentioned that I love my new church, well I LOVE it. I'm so happy that I have found it. I'm extra excited because over the summer they offer Wednesday services. So if you are away on the weekend you can come on Wednesday and hear the same sermon.   I made the call Sunday morning to do that this week.

My neck has been bothering me for a few weeks, and we figured out it's from all of the studying. Having my neck in that downward position. When I woke up on Sunday it was stiff and not happy. So I opted to rest it a little longer and then study.

Well Grandmom said she would go with me tonight. That also meant that she made me dinner. Thank you Grandmom!  It was delicious!  Chicken. Veggies. Pasta. Spinach/beets. Corn on the Cob. YUM.

Tonight's sermon was on Comfort Zones...there's a future post coming on it.

*****

This weekend I will be away for a few days. SHOCKER. I am leaving Friday morning and going up to see my bestie Carol and her family (I haven't seen Miss Olivia since she was 6 weeks and her younger sister is now 5 months...so I got some baby snuggling coming). I MISS her. It's a quick trip, but I completely relax when I'm with her and I really really need that calming effect right now. I'll get there around lunch and I'm leaving the next morning after breakfast. I wish I could stay longer, but I have a job to do on Saturday.

Saturday I am driving to pick up cousins Keeley and Hannah from the airport and driving them home. I get a gourmet dinner and then the next morning I am leaving early to come home and study. I hear there is a Starbucks at Newark airport that I can study in while I wait. And since they are coming back from a long trip I am a little nervous about the space in my car. And so the laptop will not be coming with me. So after tomorrow's post I will take off a few more days.  Yeah! Tech free weekend!  Well not totally tech free...I have my new phone!

*****

So yes, my love of Shark Week is famous now. No, I haven't been asked to be on a panel like my Royal Family Session (Royal Baby photo coming next week!). No, I just get emails with photos to beware of the Sharktocrabs that were spotted in the river that overflowed by my house....from my manager!  That plus a friend trying to scare me that fresh water sharks have been spotted and I should be careful if I go downstairs...

I like my Shark week...but Seriously Never Want To Come Face To Face With One!  Dolphins, however, well I still dream of swimming with the dolphins one day.

*****

Time to update your playlist!

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music blog.
Britney Spears - Ooh La La - 129 BPM
Duck Sauce - It's You - 128 BPM
One Direction - Best Song Ever - 118 BPM
Justin Timberlake - Take Back the Night - 109 BPM
OneRepublic - Counting Stars - 122 BPM
Avicii - Wake Me Up - 123 BPM
Phillip Phillips - Gone, Gone, Gone - 118 BPM
Capital Cities - Safe and Sound - 118 BPM
Kelly Clarkson - People Like Us (Johnny Labs & Adieux Club Mix) - 128 BPM
Zedd & Foxes - Clarity (Style of Eye Remix) - 129 BPM

To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.
Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts