A summer sacrificed...for the greater good

Happy Sunday My Lovelies and Gents,

I'm going to keep this short, but I just wanted to check in this weekend.  As you can imagine it's been all study all of the time this weekend. Tomorrow is the big day.

First, I just want to thank everyone for their support. It's been a long 6 months and it was starting to feel like I would never make it. It's also been a very lonely 6 months. There was a lot of friend/family time sacrificed. I feel like I haven't seen most of my friends in ages.  Seriously, I live with Heather and I never see her. I know more about what's going on in the lives of the Baristas at Starbucks than my friends.

Hopefully it will all be worth it though. Just because I haven't been hanging out or checking in doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking about you.

Second, OMG how was I wasting my time before all of this?  This morning in church it hit me. Tomorrow is the exam. And the next Half marathon is in 3 weeks. What will I do with all of my extra time after that? Well hopefully I'll be a Trainer and helping people out. But man, I can't believe I ever complained that I never had time before...I had no idea what I was talking about.

Yesterday I took a quick study break with Heather and we ran out for a little bit. I treated myself to a new pair of running sneakers. Although I think they will be more casual for me as they aren't the lightweight that I prefer, but they were cheaper than a tank of gas and stinking cool colors (gotta love DSW Clearance!).  It was honestly the first time that we have gotten to hang out all summer and it was just for a tiny bit. Where did my summer go?

That was another sacrifice. Last weekend when I went up to see Ms. Carol one of the first things she said to me was "You're not as tan as you usually are." :-( No kidding. No matter what though, I am soaking up some rays next weekend.  I could not be more excited about a 4 day weekend than I am right now.  I want to lay by the pool and sleep. I want to read. I want to watch movies. I want to run. I want to shop. I want to do everything!  But mainly, I just want to get some sun before it's too late.

I did have a plan for this weekend. I cleaned the bathroom on a study break last night so that I could take a nice bubble bath to relax tonight. I honestly don't remember the last time I had one. The Former Fat Girl was the QUEEN of bubble baths. I mean she was having one every week. I also did my nails and bought a face scrub and mask. I definitely wanted to get some relaxation and pampering in.

*Update: the bubble bath was sensational and totally worth it. Bath & Body Works Shea Cashmere bubble bath is a little on the expensive side, but worth the splurge...I feel baby bottom smooth.

My study plan was to take my last practice exam last night so that I would know what to focus on today. I thought I failed by 1 or 2 questions, but I passed. I started crying. No matter what happens tomorrow I know that I am ready. If I don't pass, it'll be close. And I'll just take it again next month. It's going to happen. It's just a matter of when. 

So the plan for tomorrow is that I found a Planet Fitness 5 miles from the testing site. So I will be going there straight from the exam.  I'm going to run either way...in my Supergirl underwear!  Oh yeah, I already pulled them out.

Okay Bleeps, Breakfast Club is on and I am in heaven. I will talk to you tomorrow.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts