How Far I've Come

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

And how is your Tuesday?

First I want to thank Gym Buddy Lisa. I was innocently running on the treadmill tonight when she walked in with balloons and tied them to my treadmill. haha. I got 2 gold stars and a congratulations. I'm pretty sure it was a safety hazard, but no one came over. In fact, when we were leaving they offered congratulations, but didn't know why. Gym Buddy Lisa told them and they asked if I would apply to work there...as they have no female trainers and they have lots of women who don't wish to work out with the male trainers. The answer is yes. I will apply. But, not when I'm full of sweat. Also, I want to get my insurance before I apply. But, COOL!  I'm in!



One of my favorite songs to run to is "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox 20. It's sort of my Theme song.  Passing this exam was a huge goal of mine. But, it's so much more than that. I have literally changed my life...on my own. So it's taken a little longer than I would have liked, but I've done it and I've never looked back.

I had a very hard time studying because I was not just learning about how the body works and what it needs to function properly, it was pretty much a slap in the face of "Do you know just how sick you were?  Do you know how lazy you were?  Do you know what denial you were in?  Do you know that you were killing yourself?"  It was VERY hard to handle. I had so many risk factors for heart disease. I wasn't just fat, I was so unhealthy and only getting worse.  I would secretly cry when I would think about the Former Fat Girl. She didn't know!  And, more importantly, she didn't want to know.

Well now she knows.  And she doesn't ever want to put herself at that risk again. I have checked off 4 big Wants in my life in the past couple of years (starting a blog, Half Marathon, Polar Plunge, and Personal Trainer), but this is just the beginning. There is still so much I want to do. I want that full marathon. I WANT it!  I want to get a second certification in Weight Management (but I'll wait for a little while...I want a year of not studying). I want to write another book and this time get it published!

Side note* I recently reconnect with a friend from a decade ago on Linked In. She asked if I was ever able to get my novel published. She lost her copy and thinks she left off when the character was a Jimmy Buffett concert. haha I had forgotten all about that. I loved writing that novel. I really would like to write again.  Honestly, at this point there isn't anything that is out of reach. I just have to Want It and I Can Make It Happen! And so can you!

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts