Flooding and dehydration...sort of ironic

Happy Tuesday Bleeps!

That sounded enthusiastic didn't it?  I'm having a stress/anxiety day. If you live in the Philly area you know what the weather was like today. Lots of flooding. It took me two hours to get to work. That was the easy part. Getting home was awful. The Brandywine river overflowed and every where we turned there was another intersection completely under water. Cars were stuck in the middle of intersections. I was starting to feel like a pinball getting bounced around. I finally made it to the main road and even that was under water. OMG! I didn't think I would ever get home. 

There was a also a slight fear of sharks in the road, but I'll chalk that up to Sharknado and a friend trying to make me paranoid. THANK YOU SIR. Job well done.

I am planning on working from home tomorrow. Argh.

That would have been crappy under normal situations, but I need study time. And I couldn't do my flashcards when flooding was involved. And since I was late to work I didn't get my lunch because I was super busy.

So here's the thing. I should be having the urge to dive into a bag of chocolate. And I'm not.  I have realized that I am Overtrained. I thought I was just stressed, but I am not sleeping well. My resting heart rate is higher. My workouts are suffering. And I have no appetite. WHAT? Me?  I've noticed this for a couple weeks. The sleep and the eating seemed to happen around the same time. Again, I would think stress. But for me, the Queen of Stress Eating, that's not the case.  This is so not like me. In a way, it's a good thing. But, not really. And so we rest.

I did stop at Subway for a Turkey, spinach, and avocado for dinner. But, I didn't stop for chocolate or anything else.

Tomorrow Ms. Liz comes back and I couldn't be happier. It's been really busy. I haven't been able to relax during the day which it making it hard to focus at night. I was doing well with my water until today. But, I couldn't even drink during my commute because I seriously would have peed my pants. It's not like I could get out of my car and pee in the newly formed lakes. I was stuck on back roads bumper to bumper between underwater intersections. Argh. I need water!

Alright, so there are a couple good things to talk about before I get back to studying.

First, I got my new phone today. HOLLA!  YEAH!  I have wanted this phone for a while and now I have it!  :-)  I won't play on it all night. I really am going to study, but I'm happy to have it. And now my iphone is a nice ipod. haha. Was having some issues with some texts going to it and freaking me out. But, that's because it was still connected to wifi.

The Second fun thing is that my Run for Autism shirts came yesterday! YEAH! The two shirts that I got for the March Race are a little big. So this time I requested smaller sizes. The t-shirt is awesome. It's a dark teal color. the other one was a pale yellow. The running shirt is the same, but now I have a smaller version...possibly too small. I'll have to check it out later.

I'm going to keep this short since my brain is all over the place and I need to focus, but I didn't want you to think that I'd forgotten about you. :-)

Have a Blessed Night.


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Fundraising for http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13

Comments

Popular Posts