Random Wednesday: Fiji, Hershey Kisses, Shark Week, and Tony Stewart

Happy Random Wednesday,

It's funny how Wednesdays see to come at the same time every week...

Okay so Sunday morning while I get ready for church I like to put on CMT and listen to the Country Music videos...yes, I'm a little bit Country. For the past few weeks I have been subjected to the worst infomercial for the Tummy Tuck Belt. UGH...Have you seen this?

For 2 easy payments of $19.99 and only 10 minutes a day you can melt away that belly fat!  You apply a cream to your belly then put this belt on and go about your daily business. Did you know that you can lose belly fat while eating cookies?  I kid you not, they show a lady eating cookies while wearing her belt.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!  First of all, that doesn't happen. I love how they wear the belt and it miraculously melts the fat in their arms and chin too. We call that photoshop.  Stuff like this really pisses me off. Once again I say, go ahead and just send me the money. You'll get the same results, but at least I could go on a vacation.

*****

So I've been showering at the gym a lot lately. I've been showering after distance training nights and before I head out of town for the weekend. The Men's and Women's locker rooms are next to each other and it appears that there is an employee room in between the two sections of toilets. Which happen to be right next to the showers.

I have been at the sink washing my hands when a female employee has opened the door and a male employee is in there. I don't know what got me thinking of that, but now I am in a panic.  Hottie Headband works some Tuesdays. What if I am coming out of the shower and the door opens?  Now I am fully wrapped in a towel...but I don't even know his name...I don't need him seeing me naked....YET!  hahaha.

*****

Yesterday was a rough day for me. It deserves it's own post. If I wasn't so out of it last night it was going to be titled: ARGH! I know better!

1) I ended up running on Monday night.  The whole time I was doing it I was screaming in my head: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?  Tomorrow is distance day...you can't risk a sore knee.
2) I wore heels yesterday. The whole time I was doing it I was screaming in my head: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?  Today is distance day...you can't risk a sore knee.

So what happened?  I could barely run. My knee ached. I was so mad at myself. It was a distance night. Why did I do that? I KNOW BETTER. I know what will cause my knee to be sore, and I did it anyway.

*****

I don't know that it would have been a good run anyway. I was way out of it and having a hard time focusing. My work day was way busy with a project. I was wearing my reading glasses all day because I was staring at the screen so much.

I wanted to study. I had a hard time focusing on even walking. I ended up cutting my night short and getting a massage before heading home to study. Not even Shark Week could keep me up. Although I felt that it was the best night from Shark Week. I will not lie, I've been a little disappointed this year.

*****

Last week there was an event at work one night. They put the left overs in the fridge. So every time I go in for my skim milk for my cereal I see the cake. DAMN YOU!

*****

Today was a planned day out for lunch. Ms. Tracey, Ms. Tina, Ms. Lety, and myself were going to SaladWorks. On Wednesdays during the summer they have a special on the signature salads. WOO WOO! 

I offered to drive. We were at the door of the building when I remembered that I have a giant Hula Hoop in my backseat. haha. Troopers that they were, they sat with it. I offered that they could stick their hands out of the window and hold it on top of the car, but they didn't bite.

*****

I am just a regular girl.  Really. A REGULAR girl. I used to be regular in the mornings, but one bad cheat weekend at the beginning of the summer has messed up my schedule. I NEED to get it back to the old schedule before the Half Marathon next month. I'm having nightmares thinking about the porta potty again. NEVER AGAIN!  I don't know what's wrong with people. I just needed to pee, but a little vomit came out. How can you miss that big giant hole???  So now my number one focus is getting my body back on schedule.

*****

I'm a study nerd. "All you do is study!"...Not true, that's all I do in my free time. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of free time. Tonight I took my flashcards on the treadmill. We are in crunch time.

I try to do word associations to remember things. Giggle.

Vasporessin is the hormone that reduces the need to pee while exercising. So how do I remember that?  Vagina-pressin!  I also have a hand gesture, but that's hard to convey through words. haha.

*****

I heart Mr. Wil. He's so great. We have been talking about running away to Fiji and spending the whole time in hammocks with drinks in hand. I'm so in.

Well he is now out of gummy bears, but they were replaced with almond hershey kisses and small reeses peanut butter cups. I would sneak over for a couple hershey kisses a day.  Today when I was paying for my salad there was a basket of cookies at the register. I talked myself out of it saying that I would stop by Mr. Wil's desk. I had one hershey kiss today. 

*****

I love when from my playlist come on right at the best time. "Let's See How Far We've Come" comes on every day just when I need it. Just when I am slowing down.

Of course I also giggle every time Chariots of Fire comes on too.

*****

Tony Stewart loves to race. He races as much as he can. Last week he was in an accident, but unharmed. This week he was in another and broke his leg. It required surgery. I am personally offering my services to drop everything and go take care of him if need be. Tony Stewart CALL ME!

*****

So we are in crunch time. I need to cut back on workouts and blogging until I take my exam. I also have my Fantasy Football Draft. I have a proxy for the first few rounds until I get home and hooked up, but I may end up just having him draft my whole team. I will still try to post as often as I can. I have back to back weekends of going away though. Rest assured, I will be back in full force soon.


Have a Blessed Night.

I signed up with Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRPhilly13


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts