Weekend Recap: Food Food Everywhere!

Happy Hump Day Bleeps!

Well as promised it's time for a recap from this weekend.

My original plan was to go to the gym Thursday night, pack, sleep, and then hit the gym Friday morning before I got on the road.  That was the plan anyway.  Then I started to think, well maybe I should just do yoga in the morning before I leave. So that was the second plan.  The reality is that my body said "Screw you I'm sleeping in!".  If you can call 8am sleeping...which I apparently do now.  -That's okay, I really did need some extra sleep.

So I got up, finished packing, and got on the road.  Even though I was leaving early I knew I would hit traffic and I did.  So I made sure to have a good breakfast before I left, but then I started to panic about lunch.  I didn't want to be stuck with drive-thru only.  I finally made it to Virginia around 1:30.  Later than I had hoped, but I ran straight to my favorite wrap/sandwich/smoothie place, Tropical Smoothie.  I got my Caribbean Luau flat bread sandwich.  It's got jerk chicken, pineapple, and skim milk mozzarella.  It's good...and it bites you back.

Next up was a trip to get my nails done.  I have beat the crap out of my hands with all of the weights and they needed help.  Ahhh...they look so pretty.  And then it was time to head over to my Aunt's house.  My mom was staying there to take care of my Grandmom while my Aunt was out of town.  The only plan that I knew of was that Grandmom wanted to go out to dinner.  We couldn't go far because we didn't know when my cousin's plane would be getting in (even though we kept telling her it wouldn't be until later). So we threw around some options and Outback won. mmm...Outback.

Around 4:30 I started getting demanding. I was HUNGRY.  Cousin Randy asked if I was all over the early bird special, but seriously, my food was all off.  Even though I hadn't worked out, I had not had nearly as much food as I should have. FEED ME NOW!

I was not going to make it until the food arrived so I jumped and ordered the chicken/artichoke/spinach flat bread appetizer. For my meal I went with the 6oz steak with green beans and the soup.  I contemplated the salad, but I wanted that soup. I was quite the happy camper once I ate.

Now the cool thing from the day is that I was wearing the shirt and skirt I wore in my Huffington Post "after" Picture  (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/30/jennies-56-pound-weight-loss-finally-stuck_n_985828.html).  It was HUGE on me.  I still weigh the same, but dang the inches have dropped.  It was not flattering at all. Looked like I was wearing a sack.

We stayed up waiting for my cousin to come home.  He left for National Guard Basic Training in the beginning of the year and after graduation he went on to specialty training.  We hadn't seen him in a while. I got the biggest smile when he walked in and we hugged him.  The first thing he said to me was "You're much tinier than I remember."  I heart him!

So I love my Aunt's house.  There is always food around.  This used to be heaven for me...now I work really hard to avoid the temptations. I'm not always successful.  This weekend's downfall was the bag of chocolate chips on the counter. I think I owe her a new bag. I dipped in to it way too often.

The other thing about going there is that the TV is almost always on the Food Channel for hours while I am there.  Now I have learned some wonderful things...but it's very hard to have that on all of the time.  Especially between meals. It makes me hungry when I really am not.  I did watch a wonderful show about some woman who was teaching kids to cook from the garden to the kitchen.  That was pretty cool. Fresh ingredients is always a plus.

Saturday morning I had planned on getting up early and going to the gym before the pool. I hit snooze forever...well for an hour at least.  Instead of the gym I opted to just go walk around the neighborhood for an hour. It was still early, but stinky humid...ugh. I was sweating before I reached the end of the driveway.  But, I stuck it out.  I walked for the hour and was pleased at how many other people I saw out there walking.  Now, they all knew where they were going. I was following a strict path because I didn't know all of the streets and I kid you not, there was intersections of Union Village Court and Union Village Circle.  Plus I found myself at Springstone Drive and Springstone Dr.  Nope, that isn't a typo.  I would have liked to adventure out further, but you can see my dilemma.

After the walk I ate some lunch, showered, put on my bikini and headed over to the pool. I needed some relaxing time...I think I actually fell asleep...ahhh.  Good Stuff.

After the pool I was getting ready before heading back over to my Aunt's.  I put on the TV and Date Movie came on.  I had never seen this and I didn't last 5 minutes.  I was HORRIFIED. The girl from How I Met Your Mother was in it.  She was in a fat suit and dreamed of finding love.  So the part that I saw had her running round the street dancing to "My Milkshake".  The men were horrified.  One shoots himself in the head with a nail gun instead of watching her.  Then there's her running after this group of men who look like they were running for their lives.  Yep, that really makes a fat girl feel good about herself. HORRIBLE MOVIE IDEA!

One of the things I had on my to do list was to look through old pictures looking for pictures from elementary school.  This meant a trip to the storage closet. In the closet I found a box of books.  And in that box were two folders. The folders were filled with recipes that I had ripped out of magazines over the years. Looking through them there isn't one I ended up keeping. Creamy. Fatty. Greasy. But, they were quick and cheap. Argh.  In that folder I also found a thigh workout that I had ripped out too. Kind of Ironic. That I did keep.

Sunday after church I took Grandmom to Starbucks. I was up late looking at pictures and I desperately needed caffeine before I got back on the road later. Thank goodness for Skinny Caramel Macchiatos.  Less than 150 calories in a grande.  I go even better and get a tall. Anyway, I called mom and asked what the plan was for lunch.  It was now 12 and we needed to think about that. I know she thinks I'm crazy because I become so focused on it, but I am on a schedule.  I'm worse than a baby. I need to eat at my appointed times. If I stray too much then bad choices are made. There was chinese at the house and while it's not the healthiest, I has small portions and was satisfied.

I had planned on studying over the weekend...and well I got none of that done.  Tonight was not a night at the gym.  I had one of my Fantasy Football Drafts. So I am done earlier than normal. And on that note, I shall sign off and study.  Right now I am on Nutrition.  The good news is that know a lot of it, but I am learning new stuff. I plan on sharing with you soon.

Have a blessed Night!

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts