Hump Day Randomness

Happy Hump Day Bleeps!

Or shall I say....Happy Random Wednesday!!! Woo woo!  I'm going to be all over the place tonight so stay with me.  haha.

Where shall I begin.....well first let me say that I'm sorry.  I did not realize that there was a new Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition this week.  I am in an Olympics bubble.  I will have to watch it on demand and give you a re-cap next week.

I am going to share with you the most hilarious quote of the day.  I found this in an article about the size of the cyclists thighs in the Olympics.  We all know I love my legs, but I practically peed my pants when I read this:

U.S. champion Beth Newell says having big thighs is advantageous beyond the track. She advises would-be cyclists: "Your friends love to hear about your muscles. Pull down your pants to show them your strong quads and muscle definition. Make them grab your legs in public. We can all be winners here."

So yeah, go ahead...come on over.  I'll drop my pants and let you grab my thighs...hmm...maybe I could use that on one of my Gym Crushes...

And speaking of...I finally talked to Gym Crush 2 tonight. I was having a crappy personal afternoon. I knew it was going to be an angry workout.  I know better than to take that out on the treadmill.  I would rip my knee if I did that.  So the plan was to take it out on the weights. I wasn't planning on a weights night so it threw me off. To start I hit the bike.  After a quote like that above let's get these thighs nice and tight....well do you remember my angry basketball game cycling night?  That was nothing.  I wanted to go Balls Out for 15 minutes.  I was practically exploding on it.  I hit 5.5 miles in 15 minutes. With my short little legs that's damn impressive. 

Gym Crush #2 came and got on the chest press right in front of me. I think I may have scared him.  I did see a few guys watching...not sure if they were impressed or scared. haha...but the boobs getting a workout so they bouncing around. Anyway, after 15 minutes it was time to stand up...and that was a challenge.  They were so tight I walked over to the cleaner like I had leg braces on.  But, my Deltoid/Row machine was open so I had to run for it.

I upped those weights by 5...Holla...and I got to face Gym Crush 1 on the biceps...Yum.  Next up was the pull-down for the back. I upped that by 5 too. And then I was moving over to chest press.  Gym Crush #2 was on the fly right by it...it was his third chest machine of the night...not that I was keeping track. So I found the nerve and went over to him.

I asked him a question about his weights and quite frankly wasn't paying attention to what he was saying...got lost in those Baby Blues...dreamy....I thanked him after a few minutes then got on my machine. After I was done cleaning it I walked by him and told him to come find me if he ever wants a Weights Buddy since mine has been MIA since April (that's right Michael!  I am calling you out!).  He smiled and laughed...and nodded...he smiled!  YEAH!  It's a pretty smile!  So we'll see, but I made my move.  Quite frankly I have no time for a relationship, but a workout buddy is completely permissible.

So that was a great way to end the night.  It followed up a great night I had last night. Last night I reconnected with a bunch of friends from Elementary School. I have been looking for them on facebook for years, but we finally connected. YEAH!  We went to a pretty unique school.  It was part of a learning college and provided daycare, summer camp, and Elementary school. We had infants through 5th grade. It was very small though.  My 5th grade class was 2 kids. But I grew up with these girls (and guys).  We did everything together.  Our moms worked there so we were together all of the time. Then when the school closed my family moved a full 30 minutes away.  Well that was long before the internet and back when out of state phone calls were considered 'long distance'.  We lost touch. It had always made me sad to think about.

When I started looking for them I got nervous.  Would they recognize me?  I mean they knew me when I was still skinny...but by the time I left I had started to put some of the weight on.  I need not worry, they recognized me right away!  YEAH!  The best part is that at least two of them do Half Marathons too (walking) and now we're hoping to do one together next March.  It was such an unexpected bonus.  I could hardly go to sleep I was so excited.  These girls and there moms were my family growing up.  I have missed them so much.  They played such a big part of my life.  So thank you Facebook :-)

Are you watching the Olympics?  Can you believe the abs on these female track stars?  I am suffering serious Ab Envy.  Holy crap!  They are fantastic.  I want!  I want!  I want!  I can't stop watching them....and I want a pair of neon yellow sneakers. haha.

Okay, I'm watching some Beach Volleyball and need to do a little more stretching before bed....I'm a tad worried that I won't be able to lift my arms tomorrow.

Have a Blessed Night.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts