Coming up: Habitat for Humanity and Stretching

Hello My Lovelies and  Gents,

I'm going to keep this short tonight (I say that a lot and then don't really hold to that do I?).  I have to get to bed early.  Tomorrow I am not going to the office. Instead I am heading out for Habitat for Humanity.  I'm very excited.

It's funny, all week I was mentally putting together my workout schedule and I had been thinking of tomorrow as a 'day of rest'.  And then I would stop and think about it.  I am going to be helping build a house.  That is far from a day of rest. So tonight at the gym I kept it to cardio again.  I didn't want to do any upper body weights and tighten up for tomorrow.  Plus, the last two days have been free chair massage days at work.  I signed up for each day.  Really need to work on that knot in my shoulder.  I felt so good after so I was not willing to reverse all of the good work done today.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Stretching and taking care of your muscles is so important. I cannot wait for my next stretching session.  Your body needs the relaxation to move forward.  That's why I like yoga so much.  Oh and go hit up Starbucks for their App pick of the week.  This week it is: Pocket Yoga - Practice Builder (Create custom yoga routines in minutes).

Since the Fitness Competition ended I have come to the conclusion that I need to drop the workouts to 5 days a week.  I need to allow myself an extra day of rest.  I am burning out with studying.  I can't keep up this pace.  I'll be no good to anybody as a Personal Trainer if I am too exhausted.

I've been talking to a lot of people lately and I am not going to put a hard date on the exam for myself. That is too much pressure.  I want to do this, but I want to do this right. The motivation is there, but I don't want to do this just for extra money.  I want to do this to really make a difference in people's lives.  So if I don't take the exam until November, that's okay too.  It's all about doing it right.  Plus, gotta save the money for the exam and that's going to take a bit.

I need the extra night to study and to just relax.  This weekend I have some of that planned! YEAH.  Of course, not until saturday night though. DOH.  Tomorrow I have Habitat for Humanity then I am coming home for a quick shower before heading out to meet up with my Childhood Peeps.  Saturday morning is blocked for Half Marathon training and then I have a bowling party in the afternoon.  Generally I am toast after a big training.  Saturday night I do not anticipate much more than tv or reading. Just vegging really.  But Sunday, well Sunday is Church, Stretch, and Study! I am going out of town the following two weekends and then we have the Half.  It's no wonder I am needing my extra day of rest.

So before I go I just want to say again how excited I am for tomorrow. The former fat girl never would have signed up for this. She always felt it was a wonderful program, but you would have been hard pressed to get her out there sweating all day and exerting energy. Tonight I say Bring It On!  I am stronger and more energetic than ever...and I have come to embrace my sweatiness. haha.

Have a wonderful night Bleeps. 

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts