Such a Pretty Face



Happy Hump Day my Lovelies and Gents,

Can I just tell you how much I hate the phrase "She has such a pretty face."  Because you know the implication is "too bad the rest of her is repulsive". I heard this comment more times than I would like to count. 

This comment can be made completely innocently. The person saying it really may not know how hurtful it is.  I am sure that is the case often.  Then again, I'm just as sure that some people are saying it knowing the implications.

One of the first places you lose weight is in the face.  It's an easy fat.

Ironically, I never thought my face was fat...no matter how big I got. The crazy part of that statement is that I would freak out when I saw a picture and I would have a double chin while I was laughing or turning my head. I look back at pictures -now it it makes me so sad.

So when you lose the weight in your face, you start to hear "Your face is so thin!" and "Wow, I can really see the weight-loss in your face".  I know it's meant as a compliment.  But, all I'm hearing is "Because wow it was so fat before!"

I didn't really think that I had more to lose in my face this past year.  I was wrong. I look at pictures just from last summer and I can see a difference.  This week I realized a pretty happy milestone.  No matter how thin I thought that my face was, I was in for a rude awaking when I would lean over.  Gravity would grab hold and I would look like I had chipmunk cheeks.  Dang it!  Where did they come from???

Well no more!  And I'm not even sucking in!  WOO WOO!  If you have never had the fat cheeks then you really don't know how exciting this is.  For those of you who have, this one's for you!  It was a big big day when I discovered this.  And let me tell you, I test it out all of the time.  I am constantly leaning over just to make sure it is true.

Last month I had taken a picture of myself wearing my new Team Bob shirt that I got in NYC.  I had my hair pulled back as I was heading out to the gym.  I posted it on my Confessions Facebook page and my mom immediately made the comment "You look emaciated."  I wouldn't go that far, but seriously, I can't get over looking at this picture.  My face is so thin. SO thin!  And this wasn't a trick of the camera photo either.  No angling from above.  No laying down and letting gravity do it's thing.  This was a straight on photo.

Now, of course the fat covered up some of the aging process.  I know I still do not look my age (Thanks to some fabulous genes), but I can see the um...we'll call it 'wisdom' starting to show. It's okay.  It's was bound to happen sooner or later.  A young little high schooler was following me around in the gym last night so I think I still got it!

So the good news is that since I don't have more fat there it's bound to start melting off of the belly any minute now!  Come on...I'm waiting!!!

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts