Even the Queen Passes Gas

Happy Friday Bleeps!

Holla for Fridays!  And what a Friday it was. It was cloudy on the way to work and shortly after I arrived the rain started. Okay, it was more like a monsoon.  So it's Friday.  I had a good run last night.  I was up watching the Olympics into the weee hours of the night.  And now it's raining.  It's a recipe for a sleepy day.  I couldn't wake up.   Why doesn't Starbucks deliver?

Miss Kerri, Ms Tracey, and I had come up with a plan that once a week one of us would run out to Starbucks and get something for everyone. Today would be the perfect day....except for the monsoon.  So we decided to wait it out.  If the rain stopped then Ms Tracey would head out....and that happen around lunch time...YEAH!  I offered to go with her.  That's always a battle.  I love my Starbucks, but the second I walk in all I want is a cake pop or a cookie.   I can resist 80% of the time and today was one of those times. Woo Woo.

Once I was awake I could come up with my plan.  I would be hitting the gym tonight and then again in the morning before I head out to hang out with former Work Husband Phil. YEAH!  My plan was to do weights tonight and cardio in the morning.  Fridays are good for weights because I generally have my pick of which machine I can get. I was trying to decide between upper body or legs.  Last night my legs were super tight for my run so I decided to go with upper body.  Now of course I'm not gonna lie.  I was secretly hoping Gym Crush #2 would be there and maybe we could lift together.

Amazingly there was very little traffic on my way.  When I was five minute away I got the text that my Friday night dinner crew were at Chick-Fil-A.  It's been a while so I pulled over.  I would just eat and then head over to the gym.  I got brave and just ordered the grilled chicken sandwich.  Not the meal.  No waffle fries tonight no matter how good they are.  We had a great dinner and I even got a kiss from my little boyfriend Andy.  He's 2 and quite the gentleman.  He spent the whole time trying to shove his food in my mouth...ahhh...so sweet.

As soon as I was done it was time to head to the gym.  Before I even got in my car my belly was unhappy.  Crap. I don't like to eat a meal before my workout for just this reason. My pants felt super tight and I just didn't feel good.  But, I'm still going.

So I pulled in, signed in, and then headed to the locker room to change. Even after I peed my shorts felt tight.  Argh.  Gym Crush #1 was heading out as I was coming in so I thought it might be okay.  I hadn't seen Gym Crush #2 so I think it might be a Crush Free workout.  So I go and find a treadmill close to the local sports channel tv with the closed caption.  That just happens to be over by the weights.  I wanted to be by this tv though because the Phillies were inducting one of my favorite players into their Hall of Fame and I wanted to watch the ceremony.

Former Phillies catcher Mike Lieberthal was being inducted.  He was the catcher back when I worked with the Phillies and I simply adore him.  He was one of the nicest guys and I could not be happier about their choice to induct him.  It started to get emotional watching the tribute to him. Lots of memories came flooding back...mostly the food.  I'll go into in a later post, but just imagine working at the ballpark and just how many hot dogs you can consume.

So I'm on the treadmill and I decide that I want to stay on to watch the ceremony and do weights in the morning.  And that's when I spy Gym Crush #4 over on the weights.  Nice. Oh but wait, what was that?  Searing pain in my belly.   Again this is why I don't like to eat before I workout.  Crap. I have gas. I will stay on the treadmills, but no running.  I don't even want to think about the farting that would go on while I was running. I am not that kind of girl!

I focused so hard on the induction ceremony that I didn't even notice Gym Crush #3, formerly #1, come in.  HELLO!  OH seriously? My butt was clenched so hard to keep from passing gas. I know what you are thinking.  Jennifer, just freaking go to the bathroom.  Well I tried that.  Nothing happened.  It hurt, but it wasn't ready to come out.  A Gym Crush 1, 3, and 4 night just became torture for me.  I made it through the night without letting it rip, so to speak, in front of these cute boys.  And I guess the bonus is that I worked my butt muscles so much that they have to be a little tighter.

Now I simply like to torture myself even further I signed up for the massage chair too.  My back was still a little sore from my angry workout the other night.  But, then GC#3 came over and was lifting in front of me and it was totally worth it.

He was still going strong, but I had to get home.  And just as there is a no food rule in my car there is also a no farting rule...and that includes me.

I know by now my mom is screaming "YOU ARE SHARING TOO MUCH!" haha, but that's what the Confessions is about. I share this type of personal information for a few reasons.  First, you don't always have control over your body functions and reactions.  Second, if it happens to you, just know that you aren't the only one.  Third, and most important, exercising is important, but so is eating properly.  If you don't eat properly you probably aren't going to feel good when you are exercising.  They go hand in hand. In general a grilled chicken sandwich should not make me feel this way, but when you cut out fast food and greasy food, even grilled chicken from a restaurant may make you react.

Alright kids, it's time to get some sleep.  I will be out all day tomorrow....so I will catch you on Sunday. Have a wonderful weekend.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts