Admitting I have a problem is the first step: Addicted to the Olympics

Hello, My name is Jennie and I'm an Olympics Addict. "Hello Jennie"

Okay so I told you that I am an Olympics junkie...but I'm not kidding. I am running out of the gym every night so that I can get home and plop myself down and take it all in.  Seriously trying to figure out how I can get them to let me work from home until it's over. I'm not the only one in the family addicted.  My dad is now the biggest Archery fan. haha.  My goal is to get him into Curling during the winter games....that is my favorite.  Plus I love "Curling after Dark"...te he.  I kid you not, they had it on at 1am and would say "Turn down the lights, grab the one you love, and enjoy Curling After Dark"...haha.

Last night I was wiped out.  I was super tired and I knew I wasn't going to make it.  I made the effort to climb in to bed, but that's as far as I got.  I passed out before I could even properly lay down or take my glasses off.  So I woke up at 2:30 am with the worst pain in the neck.  Luckily, the Olympics coverage was still raging and I got to watch a little more swimming before I fell back asleep.

My neck was sore all morning.  Really sore.  So sore that it started to give me a headache.  I eventually decided to go to the mall for a quick neck massage.  I didn't care how much it cost, it hurt. I spent the whole hour walking around because I think they moved it from where it was before.  Dang it.  If I had gone to the other mall I know where they are, but I was on the phone with a friend who knows them and was going to call them and have them take care of me.  Luckily, I had taken an aleve right before I left and it started to feel better....ahhh....dang Olympics injury!

I'm glad that it got better because I had plans to meet gym Buddy Lisa tonight.  She asked how my neck was and wondered if we should still meet up.  Oh nothing would keep me from that.  I miss her!  It's not the same without her.  But, I'm glad it was better anyway.  Last night I worked my back and chest and I'm sure that didn't help it.

So we met up tonight and the plan was a little cardio and then leg weights.  I was there for a little while before she got there so my legs were mightily warmed up.  We headed over to do our quad presses first.  Next up was glutes!  Bring on the butt machine!  Now I have not pushed my weights on this lately.  The bad knee is very apparent on this machine.  My good leg can go much higher, but my bad leg starts to shake. It's very obvious that there is a difference in strength.  But, it also hurts my knee.  I went up 15lbs and it was a lot easier so the bad leg is strengthening.  But, the knee still hurt.  Tomorrow was set for a run night, but I won't push it.  I will wait until Saturday. Want to give my knee some rest first.  After the Bad-ass Butt machine we moved to the thighs.  I decided to drop my weights.  I dropped them 25lbs.  They are plenty strong and I don't want to overdo it and hurt myself.

 Before we left for the night we went over to stretch. Ahhh....good stuff.  Hottie Instructor would be proud!  I don't want my legs to be as tight as they were for our last stretch.  I'm going to be good to them.  While we were doing it Lisa mentioned that her goal is to one day lay on her back and lift her toes up and over the top of her head. Challenge accepted!  I'll get her there...but first I wanted to see if I could do it.  Yep :-)

I'm definitely a lot more flexible and stronger than I thought. If only I were as flexible as the Women's Gymnastics team.  HOLLA GIRLS!  What an amazing performance!  I was riveted to my seat. I was in awe and oh so wishing I was able to do a tenth of what they can.  Way to bring home the Gold girls!  Oh and lest we not forget the gents. Hello Danell Levya!  First of all, how hot is he!  But, his floor routine was sic!  I know he wanted Gold, but he earned every ounce of that Bronze.  I loved watching him!

Right now the Women's All-Around competition is on.  I cheated and looked up a spoiler alert. I know who wins and I'm super excited!  I'm still gonna watch.

I remember when we had the Gymnastics week in high school gym class.  I always dubbed it Nightmare week. That week could not end quick enough for me.  The only thing I cared for was the balance beam and that's only because all I had to do was walk across it. Well that and dip one foot on each side. The vault SUCKED for me.  Basically, I would jump up on to it. Sit. And then jump off.  Almost everyone else would kind of hop over it. For the rings I would just hang there. It was the worst. 

Before I go, I found out today that we will finally get the Fitness Competition results on August 16th.  I tried to bribe Hottie Instructor to break into the computer and find out the results, but he won't budge. BAH!  Anyway, I found out that there will be three awards: Male, Female, and Team.  I'm going to do my best to put it out of my mind...it won't work though. 14 days to go!

Have a Blessed Night my Friends!

**************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts