Monday, August 13, 2012

Polka, Phil, Pretzels, and More!

Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

Well it was a jam packed weekend let me tell you.  So let's get started.

I got up early on Saturday to hit the gym first off. I was there a little later than usual on Friday (thanks to Gym Crush #3 which was former #1).  So it was super hard to get up early.  My body was screaming "You have gone insane this week...let's take a rest day a day early!"  And knowing now how the rest of the day went, I might have used that extra time to sleep in.

My tank was EMPTY.  I had planned on a morning of cardio, but I had nothing in me.  So I did 15 minutes then decided on leg weights.  The quad machine was occupied so I went straight over to the fabulous Bad Ass Butt Machine.  Right now you can bounce a quarter off of mine!  And then I moved to the thighs.  Outer then inner.  Soon I was off for some abs and then back on the treadmill for 15 more minutes.

I came home showered and then I was off to go see Former Work Husband Phil.  I had a banana and a piece of bread with peanut butter before the gym.  Then I had a protein bar after my workout. The plan was to be at Phil's by noon, but I got a little later start than I wanted.  So I was starving when I rolled in at 12:30.

His lovely girlfriend Jen was going to stay home and cook us dinner (along with some studying of her own).  So Phil and I headed down to Musikfest by ourselves.  It's about a mile away and we were going to walk it. Don't you love when your walk at the beginning of the long day is downhill?  That can only mean one thing...the way back is uphill!

It was hot, but I brought a water and was all good.  But, I was stinkin HUNGRY.  So Musikfest is not really the best place for food.  For music yes, food no.  Although if you want something fried that is the place to be.  Fried Chicken.  Fried Fish.  Fried Pickles.  Fried Twinkies.  Fried vegetables.  Fried oreos...mmm...oreos...FOCUS!  There was pizza.  There was bbq.  There were gyros.  There were french fries. There were cheesesteaks.  There were some salads, but  nothing with a lot of veggies.  I couldn't figure out what to eat.  I wanted BBQ pulled pork so bad, but after the night before I had no idea how my body would react and my only options were port-a-pottys....ick!

But alas, that's what I wanted.  I found a place that offered little sliders.  Okay, I'm good with that.  So I got that with no fries.  But, I got a diet soda too to help me burp.  And the sliders were gooooooooood.

So then we were walking around a little longer and we went into the kiddie area.  People were walking around with Peeps bags.  Intrigued I needed to find out more.  there was a tent offering free peeps.  Sure, they are on the old side (christmas and valentine's day).  My head said "stay away", but my feet walked me over.  I got the vanilla cream ones. 

After that we walked back to the Polka tent.  Oh yeah!  That was the plan all along. We were so excited.  The Polka tent was PACKED!  We sat for a few songs and then jumped out there...and it was fairly obvious very quickly that we do NOT know how to polka.  We had fun, but a lot of the movements we made just hurt my knee. So we ended up sitting for most of the time.  Although I'm fairly certain I was burning calories fanning myself (so freakin hot....sweat dripping down my legs).

It's hot. It's a festival.  I'm getting ice cream. I think Phil was ready to smack me.  I stood there for 10 minutes trying to decide which flavor.  When you don't have it that often it's hard to choose.  I opted for Coconut...yum.

So we walked down Main Street and started to head home.  But wait!  "Free sample of our pretzel nugget?" yes. OH DEAR LORD that was heaven in my mouth...I was still a little hungry (three sliders do not cut it) so I bought a pretzel.  I hated that I did it, but I was hungry and all things fried surrounded me.

We walked up the hill and got back to his place in a pretty decent time...just soaking wet.  Luckily I had brought an emergency bag so I got to shower and freshen up before dinner...ahhh.

Dinner was fabulous!  Phil's dad and stepmom were joining us.  I heart them.  I had met them at the Jimmy Buffett concert a couple of years ago. They are so much fun.  And they loved the food too. We started with a salad. Phil got out the extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar for my dressing.  He's so good to me.  The main course was manicotti.  There was one with deer meat (leaner) and one with no meat.  The side was a dish of roasted peppers (garlic, basil, and balsamic vinegar).  Oh it was heaven.  The manicotti was made with crepes not pasta and it was so light and delicious.  My belly wanted seconds, but I was full with one serving.

So then it was time to go to the ballgame.  YEAH!  Our tickets were general admission.  The means no seats.  We are standing.  My legs were not happy with me.  First the legs workout, then the polka, and then the walking all day.  Standing for the baseball game was not cool.  I was worried that I would cave and get some snacks. It all smelled so good.  But, I bought a bottle of water only.  YEAH!

And then the rain came.  What?  It poured.  So we were standing under the roof of the bar and Phil went over to the pretzel stand.  It was close to the end of the night and they were selling bags of pretzel bites cheap.  So he got some and handed one to me.  I ate it.  DOH!  Second pretzel of the day.

I was sad to head home, but soon it was time. I was sleepy so I stopped at the Rest Stop with the 24 hour Starbucks....oh heck yeah!  I did not stop there on the way up because I assumed I would be drinking a lot of soda between Musikfest and the game.  Wanna know something?  I didn't even finish the 20oz one that I got.  I got an unsweetened green tea to help keep me awake for the drive.

It was an exhausting day, but I had so much fun. I knew it was my cheat day and that's okay. I'm pissed about all of the pretzels, but I'll live.  The problem is that they are like cocaine to me.  One taste and I want MORE!  Luckily I did burn them off that day.  And let me tell you, my body was so happy for my rest day on Sunday.

It was a good day.  I went to church and then went to meet my friend Bibble (from the Polar plunge).  We were meeting at Starbucks and then heading our for a pedicure.  I was super tired but I didn't want to go crazy so I got the skinny caramel machiato.  I asked if she wanted lunch.  She had a late breakfast but I needed to eat.  So I got a multigrain bagel.  And then it was time for pedicures...ahhhh...possibly the best foot/leg massage I have ever had.  It was awesome.

Then we went back to Starbucks just to sit and catch up. It had been a while. It was Treat receipt time, but I couldn't do another coffee. So I had the Berry Hibiscus refresher.  It was tasty.

Soon it was time to meet my long lost friend from elementary school.  I picked Applebees for the 550 calorie menu...but I hadn't eaten much and things smelled so good. I had a burger...and fries.  Bah!  And then a chocolate mousse with oreo shooter.  DANG IT!  But, shake it off.  It was a wonderful night.  We talked for hours and can't wait to get together again (already planned for next weekend woo woo).  It was my day of rest  and apparently my menu rested too.  DOH. 

Okay kids, it's time for bed...and some more Shark Week...woo woo!

Have a Blessed Night.

Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

No comments:

Post a Comment