Temptation thy name is Oreo

Happy Hump Day Bleeps!

Or as I like to call it "Ms. Kerri is coming back tomorrow! Day"  Oh yeah, I got her a card and balloons.  We are in the midst of training another back up and the next time one of us is out it should be a lot easier.  Just kind of hard to handle everything at once.

So a couple months ago our group moved back by the IT guys.  They have been extremely entertaining.  A couple of weeks ago they spent not one, but two days debating which is better "Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme". Oh the debate raged on my friends. And they are split evenly down the middle.

It was going on so long that Miss Tracey and I found ourselves going to our lockers for snacks.  Her a breakfast bar and me some animal crackers.  Dang the power of suggestion is intense! All of the talk of donuts wasn't making me hungry for one, but it was making me want something sweet.

It's kind of funny. When I mentioned this to people they immediately had an opinion.  Ms. Barb and FCANR are staunch Dunkin Donuts supporters. Now I used to be the biggest Dunkin Donuts supporter ever.  I used to know which one to go to after 8pm. If you ordered a small box of munchkins they would give you a full box because they were closing soon. I would get my box of munchkins and my very large coffee coolatta.  Occasionally I would have them make it with skim milk, but that was generally for show if I was with someone else "See, I can make a healthier choice! Even though I am going to use it to wash down this 400 calorie donut." 

When I moved to Charlotte there were no Dunkin Donuts.  I cried.  And then one glorious day we heard one was being built up the street from work.  Oh we practically set out lawn chairs across the street to watch the progress.  And yes, I was there the morning they opened.  And I got the DD sticker and proudly displayed it on my bumper.

I don't really remember when I stopped eating donuts, but I know it had to do with a Biggest Loser episode (I MISS BOB!)  At 300-500 calories per donut it is hard to justify that.  Now I do love a Dunkin Donuts bagel.  And I know you are thinking "what the heck Jennifer, it's not like those calories are any better" You're right.  The difference is that a bagel will fill me up.  A donut will not.  So I eliminate empty calories.

Now, if pressed I'm going to have to say that there is no better donut that a warm glazed krispy kreme....you heard me FCANR!  I just don't remember the last time I had one...I know I was still living in Charlotte so it's been a while.  Okay, so quite frankly I'm surprised that Dunkin Donuts has survived.  Their business had to have suffered incredibly when I stopped going...that's how often I went.

So the last time I went to DD was the day that I called out of work sick.  I stopped on my way to the store to get soup and ginger ale...that's when I broke down and got the oreo coolatta...mmmmm...Oreo...I swear to you that you could put an oreo in anything and I would want to eat it.

Last night I finished reading my little chick lit novel.  At the end she was celebrating catching the murderer by dunking oreos in milk.  That's all it took. I went to bed thinking "I want oreos."  My first thought this morning was "I want oreos."  Ms Barb said good morning and all I could think was "I want oreos." 

So during lunch today Miss Tracey and I went to Walmart.  I had eaten lunch, but I didn't have my morning snacks like I usually do so I was still hungry.  Now I know better than to buy oreos.  I do NOT trust myself to portion them out. But, I can get a lunch snackable.  Thank you Oscar Meyer!  I got the turkey, cheese, and crackers snackable that comes with two oreos. 

I know that I have gone heavy on the sweets lately.  I shouldn't have eaten the oreos, but I have to be glad that I was smart about getting the two instead of the whole package. I got my fix and hopefully that will be enough to hold me...at least for tonight.

Oh and ps, that's right...Oreos is a sponsor of Tony Stewart (Tony Stewart Call me!)

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts