Today was a good day: Training, Tony Stewart, and Rest Day...ahhh

Hello Bleeps (short for Blog Peeps)!

Well today was a Rest day. I was up at 4am to shadow a Personal Training Client at 5. Then I came home for a mini nap before I headed out for another shadow. And then I had a surprise visit. I met my dad and a bunch of his friends at the Nascar Hall of Fame. They came down from Greensboro for a couple of hours. I think you all know I was like a pig in slop. It was so much fun. Very interactive. And LOTS of Tony Stewart.  I was happy.




Let me paint a scene though. I was parked waiting for Dad and his friends to get there. The Parking lot was packed. All of a sudden a big white van pulls in next to me. A guy in the front seat looks like Duck Dynasty crossed with Santa. He waved. I waved back. When he got out of the van he said "I have someone in the back who is looking for you."  Now this could go one of two ways. Either it's my dad or this is a VERY creepy situation because I know Tony Stewart is in Richmond. Good news: It was my dad :-)

So I was on my feet all day. I was up for hours. And as of 5pm I had only hit 5000 steps. That's a little aggravating, but I know what it takes to get to  10,000. People tell me all of the time that they are on their feet all day, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are moving. Sure you burn more calories standing than sitting, but it's not raising your heart rate. That's what's needed. 30 minutes a day!

I started reading a book about working with young runners today. There have been some interesting studies. First, I love the one that found that when an inner city school started a Marathon training program the students that participated had a 90% graduation rate compared to the 67% of the rest of the school.  That was pretty awesome. The second was that the kids that added 30 minutes of running 3 days a week to their schedule of just Phys Ed classes had less body fat after 12 weeks as opposed to the kids that didn't.

30 minutes people!  It makes a difference.

Okay, so back to my day. I had a really good time at the Hall of Fame and when it was time to leave my belly realized what had happened. Clearly all of the Nascar stimulation kept me from realizing I was off schedule and starving!

I made my way towards Subway. By the time I was eating it was 2pm. OMG. I have been up since 4 am and all I had all day was a protein bar, a banana, and 60 oz of water. No lunch. No Caffeine. Um...WHAT? Bad Jennie!  BAD BAD Jennie!

I had planned on going for a run in the afternoon if my legs felt okay. I can't believe that it was my first big legs day in forever yesterday and I didn't feel a thing today. I am in crazy wicked good shape y'all! The real test will be tomorrow. I have a trail run planned. Let's see what happens.

I could have gone, but since I hadn't fueled properly I decided to make it a Rest day. Besides, I had some reading and program writing to do. Plus, today was the day that I got my confirmation for the school I will be working with for Girls on the Run. I had some more paperwork to do. SO excited!  I have my first coach training next Saturday.

Today was a really good day.  All of that happened PLUS I talked with one of my favorite people, she knows who she is, and she told me the most wonderful things. My heart soars when I hear how inspiring and motivating I am to people. Sure I would like the money (and if someone will offer me some I will gladly take it), but that is the real reason why I do this. If I only ever reach one person then it will all be worth it.


Now if you'll excuse me, the caffeine that I had at 2pm ain't working and I am ready to call it a night.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts