My feeding Schedule...I'm worse than a baby

Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

Okay so I'm going to combine a couple of trips.

I am very much into routines and planning ahead.  This is especially true with my meals. I am like a baby. I eat at the same time every day. It's important for me. I plan around my meals. If I end up eating too late then I am hungrier and I tend to snack and make some not so healthy choices.

I also get VERY cranky like a baby if I am off schedule. I'm not going to lie. My friends and family know this.  I am known for stopping the conversation and saying "I am hungry NOW. Let's go!"  It's not a pretty picture.

I love when I spending time with Ms. Carol and the girls. I LOVE it. But, even with two young girls we are on totally different feeding schedules. I am like the animals at the zoo.  You know when it's getting close to my feeding time. I am pacing around the kitchen.

Since the girls meals revolve around their activities and naps it's a little different than mine. I don't nap that often, but when I do I like it to revolve around my eating.

My first day with the girls I ate breakfast before I drove over. We went straight to the beach. Luckily they were staying Oceanfront so it was a short walk. Ms. Carol packed snacks. We were going to spend the morning playing in the ocean. Then we would come back around lunch time for food and a nap.

I loved every moment on the beach. I didn't want it to end. Miss Olivia and I were playing in the water. She is fearless. She wanted to play all day. I would lift her when the wave came in and put her down in the water. Now as anyone who has ever played with a child knows, she could do this FOREVER. Again!  Again!



We did this for hours. Aunt Jennie needed a break. So we sat and had our snacks. Miss Olivia wanted to go back in the water. Aunt Jennie wanted lunch. Snacks were good, but not enough.  I could spend all day every day with those munchkins on the beach....if I had lunch.

Lunch was had a little later than I usually eat. It's okay. It was followed up with a nap. Miss Olivia wanted me to nap with her. I would at least lay there til she fell asleep. I fell asleep first. I think I was asleep for an hour and a half. Poor Ms. Carol. That was our visiting time. My girl was so wiped out though she slept another hour and a half.

We were waiting for Mr. Jared to get home from golf before we made dinner plans. The original thought was to go to out. We had promised the girls we could go to the pool after naptime. So we finally went to the pool at 5. Between the pool and then showers it was a little late for dinner. So we decided to place an order and pick it up. By now I'm starving. I don't make good choices when I am starving. I just ordered a sandwich, nothing fancy, but I did inhale a couple mozzarella sticks because I couldn't take it.



The next day we were trying to get rid of all of the food so they wouldn't need to take it home. That was fun. lots of chips, dips, and salsa....and wine.  I had planned an afternoon run, but I was was not fueled properly so that wasn't going to happen. Plus it was so stinkin humid.

*****

Okay so now we are on to the trip to see nephew. We packed some snacks, peanut butter, and good stuff. The deal was that my brother and sister-in-law had just moved to Pittsburgh from Florida. The Army packed and moved them. We would take care of nephew while everything was unloaded and unpacked.

On our way there we stopped at a rest stop and they had the most amazing Fresh Market. Peaches the size of oranges. Zucchini the size of baseball bats. Apples that were golden and delicious. We stocked up.





So when things got packed the boxes weren't exactly labeled properly. In our five days there the kitchen shaped up, but they still hadn't found the dishes (they were not in any of the boxes marked dishes). There was very little counter space available. So we ate out a lot.

Their new house is in fast food heaven. I could literally see the McDonald's across the street while sitting in the living room. There was also a Burger King (that I could smell at 11pm while laying in bed with the windows open), a Taco Bell, a Little Caesar, an Arby's, and a Dairy Queen. Luckily there was also a Subway and Panera. We hit them a few times.

Our first morning there I ran to Panera for bagels for everyone. When I got there I saw the most amazing breakfast sandwich: egg whites, avocado, spinach, on a not so bagel. I loved it!



Every time we took nephew to the wonderful park, and I do mean WONDERFUL, it always seemed to be close to meal time. That meant he got an hour of fun before Aunt Jennie got hungry and had to chase him down to get in the car.



One night I was starving and literally could not make a decision about dinner. Wendy's was proposed. I was not thrilled, but everyone wanted baked potatoes. Okay fine. So I got the orders and went. I changed my mind a hundred times while I was in line. I ended up getting half of the asian chicken salad and a small fries. And then I realized that I ordered a half because I was going to get a baked potato too. So I threw in a small order of chicken nuggets because I thought I would be starving. Now had I been in my right mind, I would have just stopped at subway on my way home and been fine.  I really really really wanted to get a burger, but I didn't. 

Another night we took nephew to Applebees. That was funny. It was Friday night so it was a little crowded and nephew was happy and vocal. I ordered that Chicken Freshcado.

Fire-grilled chicken breast gets a topping of avocado relish and is served with white rice. We’ve loaded this dish with avocado, pineapple, peppers, onions, sliced zucchini, cucumbers and more. 440 CALORIES



OH MY. It was yummy...

Now in all fairness, I also ate most of the spinach and artichoke dip...and half of a burger. I told you I get HUNGRY when I am off my schedule. 

This was a challenging week for me. We thought about picking up an oven roasted chicken and veggies, but we didn't have the kitchen available to make anything. All things considered I did well though. And I lost a pound!

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts