A Vacation...from myself

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Well it's been a little while. My apologies. It wasn't planned at first, but then I just went with it. Last weekend I had the Brad Paisley concert and then I drove back to Virginia for a visit and to get more of my things. When I drove back and unloaded I was exhausted. Mentally and physically. And so I decided that this past week would become a Vacation week for me.

I took a break from Marathon training and the blog. I needed this time to decompress.

And now it's time to get back to my schedule.

Before I recap everything that has been going on, I shall reiterate how hard this "vacation" was for me. 

At first it was just based on travel. I can excuse that. Monday was my moving day. I may not have been in the gym, but my loading and unloading of the car (It was PACKED) was hardly a rest day.

So I'm not gonna lie. I'm not as young as I used to be. I didn't drink at the concert, but just the excitement was enough to drain me. That plus the 7 hour car ride the next day and then the ride back and I was toast. I think I would be better during non-training time, but that's not where we are right now.

Tuesday I was tired. I still needed to get work done before Girls on the Run started and then I had a session with a client. I had priorities. So there went day 4 of no running.

Wednesday, well Wednesday was a disaster. It was rainy. My joints were achy. It took me a couple of hours to get ready for my run. And then a couple hours later when I realized I was not focused and I needed a veg day, I put on my sweats and I called it a day.

Wednesday was supposed to be my distance day. It was to be a 13 mile day. I needed to do it. And then I realized that I had postponed it 2 days already. That meant that it would be two days closer to the next day. It was only 5 days until I was to do 20 miles. Nope, I couldn't do that. And so it was now day 5.

So now I'm feeling like crap mentally. Pardon me. FIVE days in the middle of training. How could I do this? Do I really want to finish? What is going on?

Thursday was my first day back. I got in 5 miles. O.M.G. They were difficult. I was tight. My right calf and quad were crazy tight. And so Friday I decided to do yoga only. I needed to stretch.

As much as I enjoyed my "rest" I was also losing my mind. What if I fell into old habits? What if I couldn't get back into a schedule? What if I had a set back?

The marathon is in 2 months and 1 week. I have completed 13 miles or more at least one day a week for the past couple of months. I am tired. I am very tired. I look great. I have busted through my pleateau. I am down 5 lbs since I moved back to Charlotte. HOLLA!  But, I am tired.

It is now time to buckle down and kick in extra rest days. I am getting in the miles. I am getting in the extra miles. I need the recovery days now.   I may be down to 3 rest days a week now. I can live with that.

I have so many things to tell you about this week. The concert was awesome. Girls on the Run is making me burst with joy. It's all good stuff. But alas, I am hoofing 20 miles tomorrow so I need my sleep.

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts