Embracing the New Me

Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

It's been a nice couple of days this weekend.

Yesterday Ms. Crystal and I went to the park for a hike/walk. I had gone there once before and really enjoyed it. I have been thinking about it a lot when I knew I was moving back. This park is huge with several hiking trails, several running trails, lots of fields, playgrounds, pavilions, and several lakes.  It is glorious.

I packed my water...lots of it. I also switched out of my white sneakers. Hiking trails plus white sneakers do not go well together.

The day was beautiful. It was a little cooler than the past few days so we got moving.  We decided to hike towards an old house. It's not there any more, but the ruins are. So we consulted a map. They were out of paper maps, but luck was on my side as some guys drove up while we were there and gave us theirs. Yay.

It was a nice walk. There was some mud, but that's not really a problem. When we got to the house we had logged a mile. It was a little hard for me. I had to remember that it wasn't my normal pace. We weren't on a flat open course. We still made good time though.






When we walked back we decided to take another trail back. That way was a little further with a lot of hills. It was starting to get warmer, but since we were under the trees it wasn't too bad.

After 3 miles we came back to the car. Time for more water. I wanted to take a look at the lake so I took a walk around it. I found the most glorious view. I had to head back around a second time to get more pictures.


They look like pictures you would find on a puzzle. Just stunning. All I could think of was the many Saturdays that the Former Fat Girl spent watching television or sleeping. She missed this the first time around.  Well not this time!  I am going to do this all of the time!

This morning I had a client consultation so I went to the early service at my old church. I had been debating about what to do about that. I have been praying a lot. I loved that church, but I have grown to love other formats. Well I spent the whole time crying this morning. I felt like I had come home. It was a good feeling.

I had gone to my car after to grab my running skirt to change in to. When I came back in I saw a sign up table for the CROP walk. It's a walk to raise money to end Hunger. I signed up immediately. And then I did some thinking.

When I was here before I wanted to sign up, but never did. I can't really think of why I didn't other than I thought that I couldn't do it. It's a 6K. I could do that in my sleep. I was beginning my journey when I lived in Charlotte the first time. I was seeing changes, but I still didn't quite believe in myself. I still thought I would fail.  It makes me sad, but there is no looking back, only forward.

You may remember from my posts about Empty Bowls how I feel about raising money to end hunger. It hurts me to think about all of the extra food I have consumed and wasted over the years. People go to bed hungry every night and I abused food and my body for years. I am ashamed of that. So I will do what I can to help those who appreciate a good meal.

If you would like to help please see my fundraising page:

http://hunger.cwsglobal.org/site/TR/2014FallCROPHungerWalk/TR-Fall2014?px=1867435&pg=personal&fr_id=19864

This week has been a good one for me. There have been struggles, but for the most part I am embracing the new me in my favorite city :-)

Have a Blessed Night

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: hugsnsmile

Instagram: Jennie5973

Comments

Popular Posts