My Weekend Recap: GOTR, Caffeine, and Church

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Well okay then. It got a little busy for me this weekend.

Friday was a free day for me. I had lots to do and a lot on my mind. Since I didn't have any commitments I could go to the gym for as long as I needed. This is good. This is very good. My brain did NOT get that message though.

I was dressed and ready to go. I had my bag in my hand and as I walked down the stairs my calf felt a little tight. That's all it took.

I have a lot to do today. Maybe I should skip it. I could go get a leg massage. I really just don't feel like it. I could save so much time if I just shower and get everything done.

NO!  I needed to get a run in. So I put on my big girl pants and went. The result: my fasted 5 miles of the week. My legs and foot felt fine. I was good. I even knocked out more time on the bike after.

When I was in the locker room after the greatest thing happened. A few older ladies came in and were talking about their workout. They were talking about their "problem spots"...the underarm jiggle. I was smiling and then we got to talking. So I gave them some tips and exercises to do. I had to break it to them that there's isn't a magic pill for that area. They understood though.

And then I got to really talking to one lady. She is 78. She comes to the gym every day. Her philosophy is "I would rather come here for an hour a day than take more medicine." YES!  She gets it. We high fived.  And then I went to take a shower because I was sweaty nasty.



I didn't do anything to my hair. I went straight to get it cut. I needed that. I want it short, but I need to be able to pull it off of my neck. So we took an inch off to give it body, but it's still long enough to pull up. Ahhh.

Ms. Crystal and I took a run to Teavana in the afternoon. I have been salivating over the idea of the Caramel Chai. Needless to say, they didn't have it to taste, so I bought a cup of it to try. I got it cold. I might have liked it better if I had put some sugar in it. I didn't love it. Boooo. But, I didn't leave empty handed...did someone say Cococaramel Sea Salt? Oh yeah I did! Also, the Pumpkin Spice Brulee is back. HOLLA!

I also stopped by Dicks Sporting Goods for some running fuel. I was running out and needed some for my next distance day.



I had an early day Saturday so Friday was an early night.

Saturday morning was Girls on the Run Coaches training.  It started at 9am. They wanted us there at 8:15 for coffee and check in. That's good in theory, but a couple miles away roads were blocked off a race. It was hilarious. Every street I turned down we were blocked. I really wanted to just park and go running with them.

So I got there a little late, but so did almost everyone else. Luckily for me I had already completed all of the necessary paperwork so they didn't need anything from me. I plan on writing about about this tomorrow so I am going to skip through to when it was over. Just know that I CANNOT wait for next week when I meet the girls :-)



Immediately after I went to work. I had a client that we postponed until after training. It was a great session and I was starving after I left. It was late. I needed lunch. I had stuff at home, but needed bread. I didn't trust myself to stop and not go crazy. So I went to Q'Doba. I had forgotten that was an option. I wanted a grilled veggie naked burrito. It was late so I got the pick two with the baby steak quesadilla. I would like to point out that at this point I have traipsed all over Charlotte in the last two weeks in spandex. I was completely amused by this as I saw my reflection in the windows.

Okay so this is where things went wrong. I had such a late lunch that I wasn't hungry for dinner. I had a protein bar, but I wasn't hungry. So basically I was a lunatic on Sunday.


I was happy to start the day at church. I went to service and then stayed for Sunday School after. I ended up reconnecting with people from my first time in Charlotte and meeting new people...and possibly a couple clients :-)

After church I went to Starbucks to wait for Ms. Amy. I had Bible Study homework to do and I had a free drink about to expire. We were going to lunch, but I couldn't take it and got a spinach, feta, and eggwhite wrap. And then I went to a deli to meet Ms. Amy. I got a chicken pecanberry wrap. Chicken, pecans, strawberries, and blueberries on a whole wheat wrap. It was yummy.

Ms. Amy and I discussed playlists and beats so I will will do a post on my playlists this week.

Then we went over to TJMaxx to look at some workout clothes. I love doing this with friends. It was not something the Former Fat Girl ever shopped for. I ended up getting a new long sleeved running shirt. Pretty excited about it.

My consultation got cancelled so we went into the mall. By 4:30 we were starving again. I told you I was a lunatic. I was completely off with my food from the day before. So we went to Chilis. I wanted a burger something fierce. Ms. Amy got an awesome grilled chicken salad. I should have gotten that. I had ordered my burger Medium. Half of it was fine. Half of it was practically mooing. They made me a new one to go.

Time got away from me and I had to run back to the house and quickly load my car with the rest of my stuff for my move. I had an appointment at 7. So I arrived at Starbucks with a car full of my stuff. And looking nice and sweaty.

I arrived at my new place at 9 and still had to unload. My plan was just to unload and take a shower. I could unpack later. Nice plan in theory, but I had so much caffeine throughout the day that it wasn't an option. So I was up until 1 am. Not cool when today was distance day.

This weekend got away from me. It was full of lots of cool things, but planning ahead and eating right fell back in priority and I paid for it. Grrr

I won't be too mad at myself. I will do better next time. Besides, I completed 18 miles today so it's all good. Although they were rough since I didn't carb load or drink enough water yesterday...but I had a burger ready for me when I got home so....

Have a Blessed Evening

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts