My legs are Beasts...and I heart Jake Ryan!

Happy Saturday!

Are you having a good weekend?  I was on my laptop earlier messing around with some new playlists and I really wish I had written a post then.  I am spent!   I skipped the gym last night in favor of grocery shopping and cleaning the apartment so that I could go all out this weekend.  I sort of forgot when I decided to do that that I had to go into work this morning for some testing.  DOH!  I was NOT happy when my alarm went off.  NOT happy!  But, I got up and sucked it up.  It is extra $$$ after all.  

The plan for the day was to go to work (and hopefully finish early).  Then I was going to meet Weights buddy Mike at the gym.  I don't think we've had a weights date since the day I bought my car...so that's over two months now.  Then I was coming home for a big giant nap.

Before I even left the apartment he texted to see if I could go at 2pm instead.  Damn...there goes my nap.  So I came home and knocked a bunch of things off of my To Do list (my new 13.1 sticker came for the new car...I had my pink one on it, but I don't love the pink on blue...my new one has a daisy as the "."...ahhhh).  I was pretty happy.

I got to the gym and was trying to decide my Plan B.  Gym Buddy Mike had planned on chest and shoulders.  He couldn't make it so I was on my own.  Today would be a good Leg day, but I have to be careful.

I started on the bike.  I killed it!  8 miles in 30 minutes...with hills.  Please note that with all of this biking this week my tush hurts...and I'm trying to figure out how to delicately mention that during my stretching session without feeling awkward...although, I am fairly proud of the tush!

Next up: Torso Rotation time!  Why you ask?  Because I am hitting the beach the next two weeks....and the bikinis have been purchased (and I am not posting a picture until I have a tan...I took a test shot and the whiteness was frightening).  Now, I reserve the right to chicken out and wear the tankini (but, the first weekend is at the Jersey Shore and well quite frankly I'll see much worse than me walking around).

After the Torso Rotation it was time for the Hip Abduction (thighs) machines.  I started with the inner thigh.  I always think of my pal Michele when I do these machines.  She and I would rock them at the gym in Charlotte.  Well, I thought we did. We maxed out at 90 lbs together.  Last week I hit 130...and today I bumped it up to 150.  HELL YEAH!  My legs are Beasts!

So then I moved to the outer thigh.  I started with 150 for 3 sets.  It was feeling a little easy.  Dare I?  I dare!  I upped it to 170lbs.  And I rocked it!  HOLY CRAP!  Since the fitness competition started I moved up 80lbs on that machine.  I will not be able to walk tomorrow (but I'm getting stretched so that's cool...he just doesn't know yet that he'll probably have to carry me around the apartment when he's done haha).

I was so freakin impressed!  I always knew that my legs were strong and awesome, but with all of the running and walking they have really thinned out.  So that's the crazy part.  They are thinner and stronger now. WOO WOO!

Next up was the Butt Machine.  I have been keeping it steady at 75lbs.  I can do much more with my right leg, but my left leg is my bad knee and it screams past 75.  Today I put it at 80.  In exchange for it's cooperation I promised elevation and a good icing tonight. AHHHH....

Before I got on the treadmill for my last 30 of the day, I went over to the mats and stretched. I figured that it would not be a good thing if I could not walk down the stairs to open the door tomorrow.

So I had a bunch of things planned for tonight, but alas I spent 2 hours giving myself a mani/pedi and watching Sixteen Candles...and I don't regret a single moment of that!  How delicious is Jake Ryan?  He is still my all time favorite movie crush..sigh...

I know you are asking yourself how the shin splints are going..well they hurt yesterday!  I was worried about them today, but so far I barely feel them.  What I do feel is that pain in my foot again. :-(  I really need to take some rest time soon.  Only two and a half weeks until this Competition ends...will I make it?

****Please note****
  
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts