Adjusting to the Summer Schedule

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

So how was your day?  Mine was good.  I was sore though.  Pushed it extra hard in class last night.  So hard that I avoided the exercise ball.  I did not feel like I had quick enough reflexes to catch myself if I started to fall.  I was beat.  I was tired.  I had planned on walking at lunch, but quite frankly I could barely keep my head up.

I did end up sitting outside with Ms. Barb discussing food. Some of it was nutritious and some of it was just plain gross.

Ms. Barb: Ewww I don't know how you can eat just plain carrots. *insert icky face*

Me: Don't tell me, you would dip them in ketchup?

Ms. Barb: Speaking of, I was eating my sliced cheese with ketchup the other night....

Me: *retching*

I can't eat with her any more. haha.

I was nice and awake when I was outside for lunch, but as soon as I walked back inside I was ready for bed...but alas, I still had half a day to go.  Good news!  I made it!  5 o'clock came and I had not passed out.

So 5'oclock came and it was time to head to the gym.  It is weird to go on a Wednesday.  It's been my Day of Rest for so long because of Church obligations. I need to adjust to my Summer Schedule.

I love the Phillies, but there are times when I wish they would have road trips for months at a time.  Every home game means you can just add 15-30 minutes to my drive home.  This is a good time to switch up my workouts. 

I will try to hit my old park at least once a week.  I just have to plan ahead on those days.  I will need to bring extra water bottles and dress appropriately...or change at work before I leave.  I can also hit up the other gym location that's closer on the way home from work. I tend to not go there on the off chance that I would see one of the gym crushes at my gym.  I know, I have issues. haha.

With the traffic I get to the gym a little later.  Luckily I am in no hurry to get home in time for a tv show to come on.  I don't have DVR and quite frankly I don't think I'd ever leave the house if I did.  I was a slave to the TV for sooooo many years.  I was the queen of setting the vcr timer.

Tonight I didn't get on to the treadmill until 6:20.  The plan was for 90 minutes.  Normally I would freak out about how late I would be at the gym.  I do not like to eat after 8pm and this is a hard rule of mine.  I would then think about needing to shower.  Worrying about finding a parking space.  Packing my lunch.  Packing my gym bag.  Writing the blog.  Making it home in time to watch my show.

I didn't worry about that tonight.  Instead I just relaxed at the thought that it's summer and I can just enjoy my time.  I put in my 90 minutes and I was sweaty!  I came home and made my lunch while my whole wheat pasta cooked.

I love my tv shows, but it is extremely freeing not being a slave to them.  I can almost enjoy the rush hour traffic thinking about that.

****Please note****
  
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts