The Fitness Competition Ends Tomorrow- I WANT TO WIN!

Happy Hump Day,

Once again I was going to write about the beach weekend tonight, but I have other things on my mind right now.  Tomorrow is my final assessment for the Fitness Competition. Tonight was originally planned as a day of rest, but I went to the gym for some light cardio.

It was planned as a day of rest for my muscles to relax and give me 150% tomorrow.  However, my legs have been a little sore and tight lately (really need to be stretched, but it's not scheduled until next weekend).  So I decided to go for a little treadmill time.  And I threw in some abs for good measure.

Well okay, part of it was that I wanted to walk to stretch out my legs and part of it is because Gym Crush 2 has been coming to the gym every night now. :-)  And well if I have to choose between coming home and goofing off or going to the gym and watching him...well I think we know what I choose. haha.

The plan for the week was to run Monday night, then hit the weights last night, and take today off.  Well two out of three ain't bad.  I did run Monday.  I didn't run as long as I would have liked.  My foot is really bothering me.  I still put in my hour though. Last night I hit the Elliptical for a 15 minute warm up and then I hit the weights for an hour.  I worked my back, my chest and my shoulders.  And then it was over to abs for some more time.  I ended the night in the massage chair.  Tonight I hit the treadmill for 45 minutes and the abs for 15.  I finished the night in the massage chair again.  Ahhh....

I had a lot of fun this weekend, but always in the back of my head was: The Final Assessment is coming up...Don't Blow It!  I knew that any extra effort I made of this last week was not going to really increase my numbers, but I was at risk of messing up.  I could completely binge and make myself sick.  I could overdue it and injure myself.  That was my big worry.  My foot hurts.  My shins haven't bothered me in over a week, but I keep expecting them to hurt.  The knot in my back feels like it's getting bigger even though I am doing the stretches daily that Hottie Instructor told me to do.

I knew that I didn't need to go crazy working out this weekend.  I have worked very hard these past months.  The change is obvious in my body.  Cramming the night before the exam is never the way to go.  Studying all along is the right way.

I felt like I was in the right frame of mind and it paid off.  Last night I was able to beat the shoulder weights! FINALLY!  It was only for one set, but I felt like Superwoman for that set.  I got past my mental block.  HOLLA!

So I knew that working out was going to be fine.  My focus then turned to my food and water.  I have been eating various MorningStar patties for months.  But, I discovered Jennie-O turkey patties. YUM!  Plus some veggies galore.  Today for lunch I went to Subway.  Turkey on wheat with avocado, spinach, tomato, and cucumber.  Oh heck yeah!  So delicious. 

I'm mad about my dinner, but it still was a healthy choice.  I just wish I had switched it up.  Since I went to the gym it threw off my meal plans. I stopped at Wawa for another turkey on whole wheat with spinach, cucumber and tomato.  Bah! But, I was hungry.  I also grabbed a container of cheese, grapes, and apples for the car ride.

I've done everything I can.  If I don't win, then I can't be angry with myself.   I know the points that I already have and I know what I am capable of.  I don't know how the pinching of the waist will go and I am still not anxious for that.

I am on a team.  It's not just me that counts.  I know that I have gotten my teammates to some of the boot camp classes and the seminars.  They were pretty fit to begin with so I'm pretty confident that they can improve their numbers.  

So it all ends tomorrow.  I don't know when we will have the results, but it doesn't really matter.  I've already won.  I've won the new and improved me :-)


**************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts