ipod Crisis 2012 - Alert the Media!

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Well how shall I begin?  Today was definitely a case of the Mondays.  Nothing happened that made me outright angry or upset, but so many little things added up...and then one big thing.  I'm guessing you know what I'm talking about.  You've been there haven't you?

When I walked into work it was mayhem from the beginning. One of the carriers we work with decided to be difficult.  While I was not working on that account today I felt the pain of those around me.  I even loaned my pal my stress ball.  It didn't survive.  It came back broken.  Yep, it was one of those days.

I had planned on going to the gym tonight and then I remembered that it's Pizza night.  Seriously, I cannot stress how much that pisses me off.  But, that's for another time.

I really wanted to go tonight.  Perhaps I would see Gym Crush 2. :Plus I really beat up my legs yesterday and I needed a good walk.  I needed the gym tonight!  I had many things on my mind today though.  I have been planning on going grocery shopping since Friday.  And I have not done so.  So that means that I am stopping for food.  Including lunch today.  I cannot keep this up.  This is expensive and it leads me to not the healthiest of choices.  I only need a few things and I could run to the grocery store right after the gym.

Also on my mind was the list of things added to my To Do list this weekend.  I was able to knock a bunch off because of my laptop strike, but you know how it goes.  When you start getting things accomplished all you want to do is finish everything else.

I also started to wonder when the heck my next Day of Rest would be.  Now that Wednesdays are free from church obligations for the summer I can workout every day.  That is not cool and I do need to rest one day a week at least.  Knowing me, it's best that I plan them ahead of time.

During lunch I had planned on running to Old Navy to return a shirt and then grabbing a salad.  I should not be allowed in that store.  Sure I returned a shirt...and then I got two more.  I ended up owing $2.  Did I not just clean out my closet????  What the heck is wrong with me?

In an effort to save some money I went to Five Below to pick up a drink to go with my salad.  I found nice journal that I got to keep a detailed journal of working out, eating and training.  I am getting serious now :-)  I also grabbed a beach mat for my beach trip in a couple of weeks.  Sweet.  Time to go downstairs for my salad.

OH wait...maybe I could just run into the shoe store and see if they have any Realflex on sale...Denied!  They had a pair of zig nanos on clearance.  They are pretty, but as I learned at the 5k last weekend they are not good for me for running.  So off for the salad I went.

The line was huge.  By the time I got my salad it was time to head back to work.  I could have skipped Five Below.  I'm excited about the salad I created: Spinach, chick peas, pine nuts, feta cheese, cucumbers, dried cranberries, and cherry tomatoes. I also got the reduced fat tomato and basil dressing.

I was happy as I was eating at my desk until I put my ipod back on...it wasn't working.  WTF???  It was working before lunch.  If I plugged it in to charge and then unplug it I could move around in it, but as soon as the screen went on sleep I lost control.  It was still playing, but I could not move around.  BAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares about pizza at the gym!  This is an emergency!  I need my ipod!  So immediately I checked around for sales.  5 o'clock could not get here fast enough!  Actually it could...when I got in my nice new car that still smells nice...it smelled like the beach mat and I wanted to vomit the whole ride home.  EWWWWWWW

Before Ipod Crisis 2012 the email went out to remind everyone that tomorrow is the last Boot Camp.  Way to make me sad!  I suppose other people will come to class now and I won't get my personal stretching :-(  I was instructed to stretch tonight.  The plan was to walk on the treadmill, but with Ipod Crisis 2012 looming I had to run to the store and then go home immediately and sync it up.

And so it was decided for me.  Today would be my day of rest.  Actually it was a good day for it.  No need to be tempted by Pizza.  Plus, if tomorrow is the last boot camp I want to rest so that I can give it 110% tomorrow.

So in case you are wondering, I have knocked off a couple of things off of my list already :-)  Monday is almost over and try as it might, it didn't get the better of me.  I made it work for me.

**************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

http://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts