Trying to get back on track

Happy Tuesday...although it is sad without The Biggest Loser...only two weeks until the new season! YAY!!!

It's still super busy at work right now.  I did a few hours of overtime last night and more tonight (just that much closer to the new laptop...Holla!).  Anyway, it's throwing off my schedule, as is the weather. 

I mentioned before that I was worried that things would get complicated after the marathon.  And they are.  Christmas events, work, and weather are interfering with my workout schedule.  Argh.  I know that things will get better in a week, but I'm still frustrated with myself.

I had a good walk on saturday and had hoped for another one on Sunday.  My mom was still in town and it was important to spend time with her and help her with her christmas shopping so I had to pass.  I tried to eat healthy at least, but still managed to mess that up.

It's very hard to eat in public when you very publicly announce what you eat.  Are you following me?  After church on Sunday we had a small reception celebrating a wedding.  You know that means cake!  I had a plate with fruit, a slice of cake, and a small cookie.  As I was walking back to my seat Pastor's Wife (who is like a second mom to me...love ya Faye Baby!) stopped me and asked what was on my plate.  Bah.  I can't say no to cake when there is a special occasion.

After shopping we stopped for a late lunch.  It was hoagie time.  I was very excited to see the new Ranch Turkey Vegetable hoagie (turkey, spinach, tomato, cucumber, and ranch on a wheat roll)...well I was happy except for the Ranch.  I had it without.  It irritates me when I see people ruining a healthy choice with ranch dressing.  Sure it's not the worst thing if you put a little on, but I've seen these kids make these hoagies.  It's half a bottle.

I could have exercised later that night, but instead I finished up my wrapping...it took hours, but it is done.  So I celebrated with dinner.  Needless to say, after the family party we were sent home with leftovers.  So I've been having chicken parm for dinner since.

I made the mistake of getting on the scale yesterday morning.  I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.  It wasn't.  Let me just say that my weight has not moved, but my body has changed.  I know I should not worry about the scale, but seeing it go up is my motivation to do better.  I planned on walking at lunch to make up for it.  Sadly, I let the scale get to me and I put on my "fat" jeans.  They are not the most flattering and I was mad at myself all day. That's a good thing though.

It was freezing yesterday and I had to talk myself into walking. I'm glad I did.  I felt great after lap two and was no longer cold.  I felt good. I was so happy that I did it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have never regretted the decision to workout, but I have regretted the decision not to.

It was especially important to get out there yesterday because the rain was acoming.  So today I was not planning on walking.  The forecast was different this morning and they said nothing about rain.  Bonus.  Then it started sprinkling when I went out to my car. FOILED. It had actually stopped raining during lunch time, but by then I was sniffling.  I do not want to get sick.  And so I enjoyed my book.  I wish I had gone out, but the last thing I want is to be sick on Christmas.

So the good news is that I finished the last of the chicken parm tonight and can get back to my healthy eating tomorrow...except that I'm going out to lunch and let me just say this: Tortilla chips and salsa. Damn it.  I will get back on track soon.

Before I leave you for the night I want to give a shout out to my friend Crystal.  She is one of the lucky ones who has all of next week off.  I asked what her plans are and she said "Absolutely nothing.  Although I may use it to go to the YMCA and focus on getting back into a routine.  That will make it easier when I start back at work." YOU GO GIRL!  I love it.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

  1. "I have never regretted the decision to workout, but I have regretted the decision not to." That is a fabulous quote. I might have to print that out and put it on my fridge at home. It's so correct too!

    And tortilla chips and salsa, might be the death of me... I cannot turn them down. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts