Hello My Name is Jennie and I am Addicted to Chocolate

Hi there Beautiful People,

So here's a riddle for you: What do you get when you add me plus stress plus chocolate?  The answer: a whole lotta trouble.

Needless to say, since I've had a bunch of days off in the last two weeks and we are in our busiest month of the year, things got a little hectic today.  On top of my heavy work load, I was covering another group for the afternoon and I hadn't worked on their stuff for two months. It got a little crazy. 

The bonus was that it was Secret Santa day.  I had planned on running out at lunch to get my present.   I went to Modell's (Gotta go to Mo's...it's a sporting goods store) for some hockey memorabilia.  The bonus is that they have my Reeboks RealFlex on clearance...so Santa got me a new pair of sneakers!  Time to start training for the next Marathon!

The bad part of the day was that of course someone brought in a lot of candy and put it on the desk next to mine.  I was good at first and had only the small dark chocolate pieces.  I was good with that.  And then they handed out the individual bags of candy.  Hershey kisses.  Chocolate Santa.  Giant Nestle crunch bar.  As the afternoon went on I got more and more stressed.  I ate every Hershey kiss. (and polished off the chocolate Santa when I got home).

Argh.  I was mad at myself.  It was not going to get any better at night.  I really needed to get a lot of shopping done tonight so that I can have a long walk on Saturday before my family party.  Well there was an accident and it took me 90 minutes to get to the mall after work.  Normally it takes 30.  I was starving when I go there too.  argh.  I quickly made some purchases, but I still had another stop before going home.  After the second store I realized how late it was and I really needed to eat.  So I went to Chick-Fil-A and got the grilled chicken sandwich.  Yum...but I ate the fries too.  I had considered stopping for Subway or a salad earlier, but then I talked myself out of it and thought I would have dinner at home.   I was wrong.

So I hit a third store after dinner and then I was really ready to come home. When I was getting undressed for my pjs I found the chocolate that had fallen down my shirt and between my boobs.  This is a sign that I have a problem.  It's not a surprise.  I know my weakness.  I also know that I really am addicted.  So often I hear "you can have a little" or "It's christmas, go ahead and treat yourself".  They just don't understand.  It's not just eating a piece of chocolate.  It turns into binge eating and then horrible guilt for hours and days.  I wish I could just have one, but alas it's not going to happen.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.  jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

  1. God! I've done that before, finding a piece of chocolate has fallen down my shirt.. ha ha. I've also woken up and found chocolate smushed in my bed, from when I was munching the night before. Talk about a serious problem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...yeah finding chocolate in my sheets is not a fun time...or on my seat in my car.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts