Different mall...Different temptations

Happy Hump Day Bleeps!

Well I got up and went to the mall for a walk this morning.  It didn't look like it was raining too hard and I considered going to the park, but you never know when it will downpour so I didn't want to take the chance.  I got to the mall a few minutes after 10 and I got started.

Time wise it appears that four laps equals a mile.  So I kept track on my fingers. I had one mile slow me down, but the rest were right on pace.  This is a smaller mall and going at 10am means there's not a lot of foot traffic.  I did have some problems though.

Did you know they start cooking the cheesesteaks and pizzas at 10am?  That delicious aroma was floating upstairs every time I passed.  I could smell the fried cheese and I wanted nothing more than to go downstairs and eat.  Even at 10 in the morning.

Oh it gets worse.  I totally forgot about the Gertrude Hawk store on the second level.  I had to walk by that Heavenly Chocolate scent on every lap.  There was a picture in the window of a caramel apple...oh dang it I want one.

Luckily Carrabbas is not open until 4pm.  However, they have a sign out front with a picture of their spaghetti and the biggest meatballs I have ever seen.  Oh I wish there was a Carrabbas at the beach.  I would totally be carbing up on that the night before the race.

The best part of the walk was that since it was my day off I could wear my workout clothes.  Not wanting to do more laundry than I need to I wore my old sweatshirt and my workout leggings.  I got to see my butt in leggings in the reflection of every window.  Oh yeah, that as NICE.  Usually when I walk it's in jeans.  It's still nice, but this was different.

I had to cut the walk short because I had to call in to Bible Study at 12:30.  I had considered going back out for a couple more miles, but it's so hard to get started again after a good walk.  My body is definitely a little slower for a while.  I couldn't make it to Starbucks in time to get in and place my order before the call, so I sat in my car until it was over.  Um...that was a bad move.  I had a hard time getting out of the car when it was done.  I did though and decided to eat lunch there.  I've had the Tomato and Mozzarella Panini, but they didn't have them today. I got the Roasted Vegetable one instead.  Did I like it?  OH HECK YEAH!  It was so tasty.  

I feel good about Saturday.  I needed today really bad.  I think I can sleep now.

Okay, so I have been looking at a few more Marathons.  I know.  I know...I haven't even finished this one, but that doesn't matter.  I'm all over it!  I like this.  I found my motivation to get me through the rest of the Holidays.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts