A Letter to The Former Fat Girl (Jennie)

 Dear Former Fat Girl (Jennie),

I want to start by saying I am Sorry.  I am soooo sorry for not believing in you.  I am so sorry for all of the wasted years.  I am sorry for all of the unhappiness.  I am so sorry for the lost dreams and the hidden disappointments. I am so sorry for all of the years of not feeling like you were good enough. I am sorry for years of hiding.  I am so sorry for the fat. 

I learned a lot about us this weekend.  We are capable of so much.  Are you sitting down?  We finished a half marathon this weekend.  Yeah, that's right.  Remember how we used to secretly admire everyone who ran in the NYC marathon?  That's a realistic dream now.  In fact, before the race we walked around and were not satisfied that we were scheduled for the Half.  We could taste a Full.  Oh and there is no keeping this a hidden dream.  We are putting it out there for the world to know. We had not even finished the race before we were making a list of the races we want to compete in.  We are looking at the 3 day for the cure in October...that's 3 days of 20 miles each.  You heard me.  And you know what?  You are so capable of that.  There is not doubt in my mind.  NONE.  If you want it then you can do it.

You are so much stronger than you thought you were.  You are so much more focused than you thought you were.  You have so much more willpower than you thought you had.  You had a dream and you made it come true.  And you worked your ass off to make it happen!  Oh and it's a great ass now!  Next up is a flat belly.  We're hoping for a bikini next summer.  Yep, you heard me.

I wish I could go back in time.  I wish you could look into the future and see just how far we have come.  You would be amazed.  You would not even recognize yourself. You are healthy.  You are fit. You are making good choices. You are open and honest about your journey.  You are no longer hiding or ashamed of yourself.  You have been open with the world about your weight.  And I do mean the world. It's been a crazy wild journey.  The only regret is that we didn't start it sooner.

You are a beautiful woman.  You are a strong woman.  You have so much support it's crazy.  You have no idea how many people are behind you routing you on. They made you cry a lot this weekend, but it's because they love you.  And here's the best part: you love yourself.  You finally like who you are and where you are going.  It's a wonderful world out and you are making the most of it.


You got this girl!
-The New Healthy/Fit Girl (Jennie)


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts