Shopped til I Dropped...but my Christmas Shopping is DONE!

Hi Bleeps!  I'm sorry that it's been a few days.  It's been a little hectic this Christmas Season.  I'm sure you understand. 

My family party was this past Saturday.  So that means that Thursday, Friday, and most of Saturday are a bit of a blur.  I would like to say that I got a lot of walking in, but I did not.  Both Thursday and Friday I went to the mall at lunch to shop.  And then I shopped after work both days.  Granted I was moving most of the time so I'm going to count that as something, but I'm not putting a lot on that.  I've taken the pedometer to the mall before and have been severely disappointed after 4 hours of shopping.  While you are on your feet a lot, you are also standing still a lot.

I did redeem myself on Saturday.  I got up and went to the track at 9am.  My original goal was for two hours. When I got there the gate was still locked.  I could sneak in, but there was no one else there.  So instead I started walking around the giant parking lot.  On the first lap my head just started swarming with everything that I still needed to do before the party.  I was up until 1am wrapping presents, but I still had some things I wanted to knock out for next weekend.  Technically I have time.  BUT, I wanted it all done so that I could relax and enjoy this week....or keep it open for overtime (looking for a new laptop next month...fingers crossed).

So I decided to make a change.  I couldn't do the full two hours, but I could change up my routine.  I would begin my training for the next Half right then and there.  My problem has always been that I have two speeds: walking fast and running.  I needed to focus on light jogging.  So I started alternating laps.  One lap I walked. One lap I jogged.  I got a mile in before the guy came to unlock the gate.  I was very happy to be on the track again.  I kept up this pace for 4 miles.  I wasn't winded with the jogging so I was happy and my knees didn't feel tooo bad.  Oh they were very aware of the change, but they adjusted okay.  Deciding not to push it too much I walked the final mile. 

The result?  I shaved 5 minutes off of my 4-mile time.  That means that if I can keep this pace up for 13.1 miles then I can most definitely beat my time by 15 minutes :-)  I will add a mile on next week and see how I do.  Now my knees were not super happy.  They were a bit tight for a day, but not in pain....I may be able to do this after all :-)

I was potentially meeting some friends for lunch after my walk.  I decided that if they couldn't make it then I would finally go for that Pedicure that I had been needing FOREVER.  They couldn't make it.  And so off I went.  Luckily I keep a pair of flip flops in my trunk for just such an occasion.  I was wearing my realflex sneakers and all of the ladies in the place were commenting on them.  They were so cute. 

I had been putting of a real pedicure until after the race because I didn't want to mess with my callouses and hurt my feet.  However, since this was not planned I did not realize until I pulled my pant legs up that I had not shaved since Wednesday.  DOH!  I was going to do that during my shower after my walk.  *I am still so sorry Lady-who-did-such-a-nice-job*.  Oh well, as my roommate pointed out, she's probably seen much worse.

After the pedicure I needed to eat.  I think you know where I'm going.  SUBWAY!  Seriously, what did I do before this?  Oh yeah, I ate at Wendy's, McDonalds, and Burger King (ALL of the time).  I had my oven roasted chicken on wheat with my veggies.  YEAH! 

So while I didn't do as well as I would have liked leading up to the party, I did make some good decisions and changed things up.  I was just hoping for a little better so that I would not feel so guilty if I over-indulged at the party...and I think we all know that I did.  The good news is the amount of over-indulgences paled in comparison to past years. So we are going to look at the positive side and try not to dwell.  I still have another week to get through and I need a positive outlook.  Otherwise I will "guilt-eat"...example: I polished off a bag of cookies last night that had made this week.  My reasoning: if I eat them all now then I won't be tempted and will behave this week.  I have such a warped mind. I'm still working on that one.

Party details to come :-)


*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts