Getting Nervous

Happy Monday Bleeps!

The Half Marathon is in 5 days and yeah, I'm getting nervous.  It's not what you think though.  Is all of my talking about the Marathon getting on your nerves?  I'm sorry, but it's the only thing getting me through the Holidays.  Focusing on the goal at hand is what has kept me from slacking off and gaining the weight back.

The training is helping with Holiday stress.  Of course, it's also adding new stress.  All of that time for walking could be dedicated to preparing for Christmas.  I spend a lot of my walking time making To Do lists.  There is still so much to do.  My family party is less than two weeks away.  I haven't even started my cards yet.  I just got my tree up last night.  I still have several scarves to knit.  I am way behind on my Christmas movie watching.  I have Christmas cds to make.  I have not wrapped one gift yet.

Going into today I still had 2 unscheduled vacation days to take before the end of the year.  You would think that is a good thing.  I have been trying to schedule them for a month now.  There are several people that cannot be out of the office if I want off.  This has been torture.  I didn't want to just take random days off.  I wanted to make sure I had someone to spend the day with.  I get depressed and lonely over Christmas.  My immediate family is not in the area and schedules get busy so I don't get to spend the time I want with my friends.  I was able to schedule a day next week to hang out with Daddy Long Legs.  That left one more day.  I opted to use it this week. I shall use my day off as one last long walk before the race.  After my walk I will watch Christmas movies and write out my cards.  Bonus.  It all works out.  Of course next week we will be making Christmas Cookies...wish me luck.

So what happens after the race?  Will I be able to walk away from the cookies? What will my motivation be?  Can I get through the holidays without falling off the wagon?  Can I get through the winter without putting on some survival fat?  I've been kicking around some ideas.  I was going to pledge to post a picture of me in a bikini on June 1.  Please note, that I have not been in a bikini since I was 3yrs old so that is a huge deal.  The problem is that clothing doesn't really give me long term motivation.  A future post will go into detail about the Bridesmaid dress that almost gave me a heart attack last summer. 

Motivation is sooooo important.  I have to share that while I am walking at lunch I often see two guys going out for a run.  Oh how I wish I could do that.  I got to talking with one of them recently and he told me that seeing me out there walking every day gives him the motivation to out there on days when he just doesn't feel it.  That was so awesome to hear.  Especially since I really want to grab my book and head to Starbucks on most days.  What's cool is that seeing them out there running motivates me too.  What a wonderful circle.

You also motivate me.  Seeing the number of people reading my blog every day helps me.  Seeing the number of people from Europe is simply awesome.  Sending a big shout out to Russia, Germany, Romania, Sweden, and the UK.  I love that!  So thank you for coming back every day :-)

Okay, I am going to try and knit a little before bed.  I need a little down time.  Even if it's for thirty minutes before bed.  My brain is on overload right now.  I am extremely anxious about this race and I need to chill out a bit.  Until tomorrow my beautiful ones....

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts