My Official New Year's Resolutions

Hello there Bleeps,

Have you made a New Year's Resolution yet?  I make one every year and never ever follow through with it.  In fact, I've had the same resolution for the past three years...get the picture?  I gave up on them being health/fitness related years ago.  I get very frustrated when the gym gets packed for the month of January and then completely empties by February.

I'm making one this year though.  Actually, I'm making a bunch.

1-I am going to find my way into that elusive Size 6.  I am going to go buy a pair of incentive jeans tomorrow.  I want that 6! (goes back to Sweet Valley High and those perfect size 6 Wakefield Twins). 

2-I was going to say full marathon, but I've been thinking a lot lately and I really Really REALLY want to do the Susan G. Komen 3-Day (http://www.the3day.org/site/PageServer).  If you are not familiar with this, it is the 3 day walk for the Cure for Breast Cancer.  It's 3 days of 20 miles each.  Brutal I know.  I want this though.  It's going to take a lot of training.  The good news is that it's not a race, so that 20 miles will be at a much more leisurely pace than I am used to.  I have full confidence that I can do this.  It will require a lot of fund raising ($2300).  It's going to take a lot of dedication, but it will be well worth it. I am looking to walk in the DC 3-Day Oct 12-14 so if you are interested in teaming up PLEASE let me know.

3-I am going to start keeping a workout journal.  I am hoping this will help with my abs/weights workouts.

4-I am going to try a new workout.  I like the idea of belly dancing.  I think that would help with my belly issues.

5-I am going to get into that bikini by June.  It may not be pretty, but I'm going to do it.  My blinding white belly has not seen the light of day in 35 years and I will probably end up with 3rd degree burns...but it's a dream.

Well now that the Resolutions have been documented I should actually be able to make them happen.  I am a different person than I was last year.  I definitely have more will power, confidence, and dedication.  I think it's going to be a good year.  Maybe this will be the year that Tony Stewart finally calls...

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

  1. Ok there was nothing I loved more, or wanted to be more than those Wakefield twins!! Did you read the newest one that came out this year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heck yeah I did! I almost took off work for it. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts