Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Back to work...booooo

Hi there Bleeps!

Well it's back to normal now.  I went back to work today (have tomorrow off so it's going to be busy catching up).  Luckily I got smart and made sure I drank lots of water and crystal light today.  I am so not dehydrated.

I was also happy to walk at lunch. It was beautiful and brisk, but I needed it.  I should have walked a little on Sunday to stretch, but I was so darn tired. My adrenaline for the last two months came to a screeching halt after the race was over.  Yesterday was a travel day and then a quick visit with Santa.  lol.  I met a friend for lunch at our favorite Southwest grill, Moe's. They don't have a lot of healthy options so I went with the kids burrito.  It's the perfect size. 

The plan was to go to the movies, but we didn't realize that the movie we picked was in 3d...a little too pricey thank you.  So we went to the mall and sat on Santa's lap.  hmm...just realized he didn't give out candy canes. After Santa it was time for a trip to Target for some usual groceries (yogurt, carrots, bananas) and Starbucks.  Okay, confession time...it was my second Starbucks trip of the day.  The first one was for a tall skinny peppermint mocha.  I needed some caffeine before I got on the road.  I also treated myself to the cranberry bliss bar. It's my favorite Starbucks treat and I promised myself one after the Race.  It was nice and warm out so I got a tall caramel creme brulee frappacino.  It was heaven.

I was kicking myself after though.  Enough of the celebration.  I was losing focus.  My family Christmas party is coming up this weekend.  I can celebrate then.  So when I got home I made some chili with deer meat in the crockpot. I am not a huge fan of deer meat, but it's lean and it was free.  It makes for a good chili.*Thank you Daddy*

So I was stressed and super busy at work, but I was proud that I did make sure to hydrate and walk.  I was very happy to leave though. I was drained.  So tonight I can't tell if I'm still coming down off of the adrenaline rush or if I'm just beat from work.  Either way, it took me over an hour to motivate myself to do my abs and arms.  I putzed around forever. I rewarded myself with some delicious chili after though so it's all good.

Luckily I can sleep in tomorrow.  I want to walk, but I also want to rest my body.  I don't remember the last time I slept in. Every saturday or day off for as long as I can remember I had to get up and go walk.  Tomorrow we feast in bed :-)

Before I go (and get ready to watch the Biggest Loser Finale) I want to share some good stuff.  Of course I'm itching to register for my next Half.  I just have to figure out which one.  I won't be alone though.  Since Saturday 7 people have expressed interest in joining me for their first Half.  I'm beyond excited. 

****Please note**** 

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.  jhendersonfit@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment