Sunday is a Day of Rest - so obviously today is really Saturday.2

So if Twitter followers are "Tweeps" are Blog followers "Bleeps"?  Hi there Bleeps!

It's been a long day.  A good day.  Just very long.  Usually Sunday is my day of rest, but we are less than a week from the Half and I gots ta get to work!

I got up and went to church.  I took my awesome Starbucks water "shaker" (don't know why they call it that, but it's a cool cup for water). My plan was to walk 10 miles at the track right after church.  I was half way to the track when I realized that I left the cup at church.  BAH.  I will be back for choir on Wednesday, but I wanted it.  I quickly turned around and headed back.  We had a guest Pastor today so by the time I got back everything was locked up.  So then I turned back around and went back to the track.  Oh, I quick stopped by Target to look for something for a friend.  By the time I got to the track it was an hour later and all I could think of was that I should have peed while I was in Target.

I got started and after 4 miles I had two problems.  One - I had to pee.   Two - I was Hot.  I was wearing the jacket that I am planning on wearing for the Half next weekend.  I had a tank top under it.  And if I was alone at the track I might have taken the jacket off.  However, there were a couple dozen high school boys messing around playing football on the field and I didn't feel comfortable doing that.

So now I'm rethinking what I am going to wear next weekend.  Maybe I need to go buy a zip up jacket.  I have a black one, but it's not exciting.  Will I be wearing shorts?  Crap, that means I have to shave too.  Anyway, back to my jackets.  The one I bought for the race is royal blue.  I love it.  I love the fact that I'm out there buying bold colors.  You know what I'm talking about.  For years my closet was full of black clothes.  Nothing hides fat like dark clothes.  I would occasionally toss in the red sweater, but for the most part my clothes were black, gray, or dark blue.  Now they are full of bright colors: Pink, orange, green, white, red, and light blue.  One of my favorite workout shirts is a lime green.  Don't get me wrong, my pants are still black.  One step at a time.

Good news!  I just looked at the weather and it's going to be a high of 43!  Now I need to worry about keeping warm enough.  haha.  Crisis averted.

Okay, so back to the walk. As I was finishing mile 8 I had it in my head to finish up and do two more miles.  I really wanted to get 10 in.  But, my bladder had other plans.  I had to pee.  I also realized what time it was (remember I got a later start than originally planned) and I need to eat.  So I left after 8 miles.  I'm sad, but I'm still glad I got that much in.  I mentally made my list of what I want to take with me next weekend and what I will need after: extra clothes to change into, a cooler with bags of ice for my knees, a change of shoes (as I'm certain my feet will hurt), a case of advil, a snot hankie, and baby wipes.

After the walk I went to Subway (Eat Fresh!) and then Target.  I needed to get some groceries.  By the time I got home it was after 4 and I had a lot on my To Do list.  I had not decorated for Christmas yet.  If you know me, you know how shocking this is. I am little Miss Christmas.  I Live for Christmas.  I would normally be decorated and have my cards already mailed. I have a different focus right now.  It's a good focus, but I really wanted to put my tree up.  So I did.  It's so pretty!  Plus I watched another Muppet Movie while I was putting it up :-)

I hope you had a wonderful and healthy day.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts