The Amazing Evolving Me

Hello My Lovelies and Gents,

Okay, so I'm a little beat.  Heather and I took two cars full of my stuff down to mom's on Saturday. Lots of loading and unloading. But, we are in the homestretch so it's very exciting.  Yesterday was reserved for football and relaxing when I got home. I had hoped to do my nails (I really need some pampering), but I knitted instead :-) 

I still haven't gotten to watch last week's The Biggest Loser, but I'm hoping to tonight ( and I am).  I'm had a light night at the gym. I got in a good 5 mile run friday night and then did all of that lifting and moving Saturday. My knees are sore. My elbow is sore. My brain is slightly jumbled. I could use a little Bob Harper in my life right now.

When I go to my Mom's there is a church that I love to go to. However, the past few trips I have joined my Aunt at her church. I love her church. One of the messages in this week's sermon was that when you devote yourself to God, you are no longer the same person that you were before.

This got me to thinking.  I have always known that I am not the same person I was before I moved to North Carolina the first time. I've talked about that openly, but I know that I'm also a different person than the girl who left North Carolina.

I am trying to think how to put this.  I have lived in 7 different states. One of my friends (Hi Ms. Kristen!) calls me her East Coast Nomad. I love moving and experiencing different areas. I have friends all over. A lot of people can't identify with that. Most people like to settle down and the idea of change scares them. I thrive on it. I evolve everywhere I go. I am happy to not be the same girl I was 10 years ago. I am happy to not be the same girl I was 5 years ago. I am a different person than I was when I moved back 7 years ago. And that's a good thing. That girl had begun her journey, but this girl has jumped all in (balls out).

The new me has focus. She has a plan and a vision. She has knowledge. She has willpower. She has strength. She has endurance. She has medals. She has a certification. She has confidence. She has skinny jeans. She has bikinis. She has a new body. She has a new outlook on life. I wouldn't trade her for the world.

She likes herself and she couldn't necessarily say that 7 years ago. To be fully honest I don't think she could say that 3 years ago. I am constantly referring to my "journey" because that's what it is. I am constantly looking ahead. I give myself incentives and rewards. I am constantly evolving. This is good. I don't want to get stagnant. I was stagnant for most of my life and look where that got me.

I can't wait to see who the new "Me" in a few years. I have committed myself to this lifestyle.  It has changed me.  I can't wait to see what's next.

Have a Blessed Night

Pledges for the Polar Plunge for Delaware Special Olympics can be made here:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/2014-lewes-polar-bear-plunge-for-special-olympics

AND I have signed up for Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA14

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.
"

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts