Random Wednesday: Frigid Temps, Bikinis, and my Butt

Happy Frigid Random Wednesday,

Oh holy cow...I need to move to the tropics. I just do not like the cold anymore. Sure the snow was beautiful, but it was even too cold to go out and enjoy it since we are in this Polar Vortex thing...is that for real or just something the news made up?

*****

Tonight I watched last night's The Biggest Loser. It was the makeover episode...I am pretty sure I cried the whole time. They look amazing...and they feel amazing. I could not be happier for them.

*****

Stuck inside for 2 days. Working from home. Sitting on my butt for hours. BAH!!!

*****

Yes, it is Girl Scout Cookie time...so far I have not gotten any...

*****

 I have been working on my incline for the race in DC. The result: Monster tight thighs. Bounce a quarter of my cheeks butt. Sore quads. Swollen knee.


*****

So watching Makeover Week made me think that maybe I do want to cut my hair again...argh..NO! Must stay strong...growing it for Locks of Love. Doing it for a good cause. 

*****

I keep forgetting that I can workout in the basement after working from home. I have felt guilty the last two nights that I haven't worked out. I feel tired after work. I'm trying to decide if it's my body craving rest (which is probably what it is) or if it's the Former Fat Girl trying to take over again.

I am using it as a rest time because my knee is still sore. My elbow hurts. And my shoulder is sore. But, I go back to work tomorrow so I will hit the gym then.

*****

So I do not have any plans this weekend. What???? That never happens. I think I am staying local and I'm going to try and knock a bunch of things off of my to do list. I need to get rid of clothes. That's number 1!  Rule 1- If it's too big it goes!

*****

I don't think I am going to be in a bikini for the polar plunge. I have a nasty bruise on my belly. It should be gone by then, but I'm not feeling it. We will see though. I did the bikini last year. I was incredibly self conscious. I don't mind being in one if I am stationary and laying down, but the standing and running in the cold was really sucky. I have a tankini pulled for it. I actually thought of my 1 piece, but I don't know if I have it readily available. I will see.

In a way I feel like it's a step backwards, and in another way I feel like it's smart. The Polar Plunge is an active thing and I worry so much about the girls popping out while running. Who knows, we still have a week and a half. I haven't committed to any suit yet.


*****

I need to go out for lunch tomorrow. I am thinking Panera. Soup is a VERY good option right now.  One of the bonuses of living with my Uncle's family right now is that they feed me :-) I wasn't planning on this, but I like not having to think about it right now. Last night my aunt made this awesome soup. It was heavenly.

*****

When I was in Florida I bought a pair of Mickey Mouse pj bottoms at walmart for $5. They happened to be juniors medium. That's slightly smaller than regular mediums. My butt looks AMAZING in these fleece pj bottoms. Just sayin.

*****

Stop me if you have heard this, because I honestly don't remember if I mentioned it. This past weekend after we got to mom's to unload we went shopping. Heather wanted some new pants. We ended up at Aeropostale and I searched and searched for my size. I found a pair in a slightly ripped style. I didn't love it, but they fit me nicely. I got them...for $4.77. What? I love bonuses like that.

Anyway, I tried them on after moving all day. I had to peed. So now I find myself pulling them up a little. They are a size smaller than the last pair I got. Dare I go for an even smaller size?  I think I dare!

*****

Okay, I need to go to bed. I have to remember that I actually have to drive to work in the morning.


Have a Blessed Night

Pledges for the Polar Plunge for Delaware Special Olympics can be made here:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/2014-lewes-polar-bear-plunge-for-special-olympics

AND I have signed up for Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA14

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.
"

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts