Moving weekend Recap...and now I rest!

Happy Monday Bleeps! (Clearly I started this on Monday..it's been a busy week oops)

Well it's been a busy week for me. We had our work Holiday party last week. I got in some days at the gym. I packed and moved all weekend. I still have some work to do, but I'm beat. I'm about a dozen posts behind. I still haven't told you about the Keith Urban concert, my Uncle Joe's Celebration of Life, Part 2 of Race weekend, and this week's Biggest Loser.  Hopefully I can catch my breath soon.  I might have to reinstate Flashback Friday for a couple of months.

As I mentioned before, I am making a temporary move until I move to Charlotte in a few months. I am moving in with my Uncle and his family. They live about 10 minutes away so it's not that bad or a difference.

Friday night I went to the gym and got to see Gym Buddy Lisa. I miss her!  After my workout I made sure to get a hydro massage. I knew I would be needing it. It was so nice.  And then on the way home I struggled. I wanted to stop and get some Subway. And then I didn't because I had a little food at home that I could eat and then I wouldn't have to move it.  So I didn't stop. I think I just had some soup and grilled cheese, but it wasn't a normal cheese for grilling so it was a little sharp and just didn't sit well. I really regretted not stopping.

I regretted it more on Saturday. I woke up early and got to work. I sort of got in the zone didn't think about food. Until I was starving. I made a quick sandwich, but I also had plans to meet my dad, brother-in-law, and nephew for a late lunch. My nephew had a basketball game and we were meeting at The Charcoal Pit...famous for their burgers and sundaes.

I got a cheeseburger and fries. I got the small and wow compared to today's "normal size" portions it was tiny, but tiny is good. It filled me up just fine. And it was delicious. After lunch we went back to the house and I got my Christmas gift. YEAH! My dad and stepmom got me a heated seat pad for my car. It heats and massages. So wonderful for after races and the cold!  I have used it all week and it's been heavenly :-)

I couldn't stay too long. I still had packing to do. I packed until I dropped. I literally dropped. I could move no more and passed out. Sunday morning I got up early and went to church. It was so lovely. I missed my church.

I got back to work. This time it involved a LOT of steps. I would go down to the basement and bring a load up to my room and organize it. Then take it down to go in the car. This continued almost all day. With every step I took I thought of Ms. Bibble. I was so careful. I couldn't handle the thought of falling and going through what she is going through (the good news is that the bone is healing and she now has a cast on yeah!).

I would like to say that my eating this past weekend was good, but it was not all good. I kept thinking I would go to Subway and then I would think "you have food just eat here".  And then I would just not eat or eat something bad.

I've mentioned my OCD before and it can be good and bad. In general it keeps me in a routine, but when I'm off my routine it can get ugly. And then you throw in "moving" OCD and well...it just ain't pretty. I tend to get more focused on the task at hand and finishing up just "one more" thing before I think about myself and my needs.

I didn't do a great job of making myself eat, but I did make myself drink water. And I stayed completely hydrated...I know this because I had to pee every 5 minutes. But, that's a good thing so I'll take it.

I did get an invite to come over to Grandmom's on Sunday afternoon. Aunt Kathy and Cousins Keeley and Hannah were there. I didn't really have the time, but it's family and I haven't seen Aunt Kathy in a while so I went over. I was also promised some Vegetable soup...I LOVE Grandmom's Vegetable soup. It's soooooo delicious.

I didn't stay long and soon it was time to head back and finish up. I still had to take my stuff to my Uncle's. After my first load I wanted to scream I was so hungry. There are not a lot of options between the new and old place. Basically, if I was starving and wanted food immediately there was a McDonalds.

I can't believe I went there, but I was sooooooo hungry and I was burning calories like mad. So I went through the Drive-thru and ordered 2 grilled chicken wraps with honey mustard...and it took about 15 minutes to get. I was waiting for them and the smell of the restaurant was making me sick.

And so the countdown begins again. At this point it has been 4 days since I have gone to a fast-food place. Bah!

I have been a hurting pup from this move. My knees are swollen (surprise!) and my calves were sooo sore from the steps. My back feels like a question mark and my body is bruised. But, I am sooo very proud of myself. The Former Fat Girl would NEVER have been able to get this much done so fast. The Energy and Endurance I have at 40 compared to when I was 30 is incredible. And what have we learned from this? That you are NEVER too old to get started!

Well it's pumpkin time...time for me to go to bed.

Have a Blessed Night

Pledges for the Polar Plunge for Delaware Special Olympics can be made here:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/2014-lewes-polar-bear-plunge-for-special-olympics
AND I have signed up for Run for Autism again :-)

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennifer-henderson-6/RNRUSA14

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you! Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week. The journey is so much easier if you have support.


jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts